Thread: New

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New

I want to lern how to devalup games fore a leving can you guy give me a starting pont and some good advic pless

(URL address blocked: See forum rules)
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Learn how to spell because programming is a very exact science and typos are not tolerated. Then stop trying to spam forums and actually participate in dialog.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by medialint
    Learn how to spell because programming is a very exact science and typos are not tolerated. Then stop trying to spam forums and actually participate in dialog.
    I'm not so sure you can consider his post spam especially considering how he has a post count of 2. Unless he had a previous account which was banned and decided to create this one? Also, the spelling doesn't necessarily represent carelessness or stupidity, maybe he doesn't speak English (that might be a pathetic excuse I just gave, but I sure hope he isn't typing that way for another reason; that's some terrible spelling).
  7. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I read the other post first. Same thing game -> html. If I was wrong in thinking that the real purpose was to post a URL which of course didn't work, sorry.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  9. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by medialint
    I read the other post first. Same thing game -> html. If I was wrong in thinking that the real purpose was to post a URL which of course didn't work, sorry.
    I knew nothing about the URL he posted, except that is was blocked. For all I know he posted a link to a text document. I don't know the rules of this forum.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Something Fishy...

Game maker 6 is a very easy way to get started. Learn some GML and then hop into other stuff. Google Game maker 6.
  13. Periodically energetic Perler
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

The sticky at the top of this forum would be somewhere to look.

Displeaser
  15. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Well this is how i did it, Basically i stated out with game maker just for fun but i wanted more so i went out and bought a book on C++ which is very difficult for a first time person to use and i never really got into graphics with it, so i went with Java which is my favorite language as of right now. If your a beginner to programming, maybe you could learn HTML, Javascript first and then move on to another programming language such as C++ or Java

Also you are going to have a lot of headaches and you will be frustrated a lot so dont give up and keep trying.

Comments on this post

• jorgejones disagrees : He should start with a BASIC dialect, get into the mood of programatically thinking and then, move onto the real deal. Java is just personal taste and it also depends from what hes after (platform wise - mostly).
  17. No Profile Picture
    Something Fishy...

Why would this guy need a link if he was a sking where to start?
  19. Periodically energetic Perler
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by dudeishfish
    Why would this guy need a link if he was a sking where to start?
    Because the link/sticky contains articles on where to start.
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
  21. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

jorgejones disagrees: He should start with a BASIC dialect, get into the mood of programatically thinking and then, move
    onto the real deal. Java is just personal taste and it also depends from what hes after (platform
    wise - mostly).

isnt that what i said? i said that maybe he should try to start out with something simple like html or javascript.... and i told him what i did, not what he should do, as i explained i went from game maker, to c++, to java and now i really like java..but yea im confused on what you mean...
    Last edited by swattkidd; January 30th, 2007 at 04:53 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo