1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What do i need to know to creat a game???

look I'm a complete noob at game creation so i thought ask questions from pros I've read a lot of your forums and understand none of it except what c++ is so here's my question. what do i need to learn to create a 3D mmorpg like wow with the controls of mkd (mortal kombat deceptions)? what language would be best to use java or c++? what equipment do i need all of it please? would it better to create my own engine or use some one Else's if so who's? and i want my game to be an rpg with pvp and pve mkd style with warring! yes i know i need to start out with smaller project to get the nack of it but it would be nice to have all the facts in front of me part of my ocd! do i have to go to four years of college and what courses should i take? i need to know everything so i can get started
    and in advance thank you for your help
  3. No Profile Picture

what language would be best for this type of game and please reply in langmans terms
  5. No Profile Picture

is de vry a good starting point???
  7. Back after 2 years!
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Be patient. No need to bump your posts every few minutes. Not only is this rude (other people making posts deserve to have theirs seen too), but it's also against the forum rules.

Now, to answer your question:

What kind of programming experience do you have? Game programming is one of the hardest areas of programming. Not only do you need a firm grasp on logic and basic programming, but you may also need to know more advanced concepts in physics and artificial intelligence.

Start small. Make a space invaders or pac-man game. Yes, I urge you to take classes. I don't recommend DeVry - I'd go more towards an actual university, or at least a local community college and THEN a 4-year university.

The fact is that what you're jumping into headfirst is a VERY hard topic. There are no "langman" (layman?) terms to describe it.
  9. No Profile Picture

Talking

Originally Posted by Adrastea0413
    Be patient. No need to bump your posts every few minutes. Not only is this rude (other people making posts deserve to have theirs seen too), but it's also against the forum rules.

Now, to answer your question:

What kind of programming experience do you have? Game programming is one of the hardest areas of programming. Not only do you need a firm grasp on logic and basic programming, but you may also need to know more advanced concepts in physics and artificial intelligence.

Start small. Make a space invaders or pac-man game. Yes, I urge you to take classes. I don't recommend DeVry - I'd go more towards an actual university, or at least a local community college and THEN a 4-year university.

The fact is that what you're jumping into headfirst is a VERY hard topic. There are no "langman" (layman?) terms to describe it.

i apologize about being rude i was just so excited about finding this site.

as for your question; i have slim to none (expirience) in any of it ive looked at a couple engines for creation but didnt understand a thing about them.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo