1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Basic black jack game

I want to create a black jack game for web site maybe in PHP or Perl with user interface with GUI.

Is there sources that I can start with?
    Also, is there any web that have example of source code for some games?

Thanks!
  3. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Those are server-side languages.

GUI means graphical user interface. Don' know why you want "user interface with GUI".

Do you want it multi-player? If so, server-side web scripting languages aren't very good for this sort of thing. They're good for text-based games but not card games. Do you want it single player? You're better off with something that won't have to refresh constantly.

Code for games? Sure, google it.

And I'm actually currently building something that will let you make card games very easily, and will allow the whole multi-player shebang, but that's slightly off-topic, and the project is not yet finished.
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
    -Partial Credit: Sun

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  5. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I think PHP would be fine for blackjack, you'd only need to refresh on deal, draw and stand: actions initiated by the user (well, unless you get multiple players involved anyway).

You can simply have card images then just link to them as image tags on the page.

The logic behind a blackjack game is very basic and easy to implement in any language.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo