Thread: Hello

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello

I'm new to DevShed Forums and I would like to introduce myself, I'm Trevor a composer from Michigan who would like to write music for games, I've been composing for around 5 years or so and I really would like an opportunity to write a theme or even background music for anyones game, I will do it for free! I just need a chance to get into game music.

I have a sample of one of my songs here->
    garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSiZlmyY28
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi your posts have crossed over the perceived line where its becoming spam. I've been composing music for 20 years ... never has anyone ever offered me a gig through a developer forum :-\ Maybe that's because I don't try to contract work here. Mostly, I'm here to ... um, talk about programming.

Go to your library and dig up some old back issues of EM magazine. There's many articles with tips from seasoned pros on getting into the video game music development market and also on what specific gear and formats you'll need and things to be aware of. Game composition is quite different than composition for critical listening as you are well aware (for starters your music must blend well with the sound fx, etc).
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture

Yeah..

The main reason I wanted to come to a developer forum is just to get someone to at the very least listen to some of my music. I dont know programming for crap! haha

Is there another place to find people that would at least give me a chance at getting some of my music into a game? if so that would be very helpful. I'm pretty new to getting into game production and I would like just a chance, if however small, to get a small piece of my work into one game.
  7. No Profile Picture

Try This

gamedev.net
    This site will allow you to post in a kind of "classified ad" section, that will allow others to ask for your services or for you to ask this kind of question. Cheers!
  9. No Profile Picture

thank you much!
  11. No Profile Picture

thanks for your help too

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo