1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

2D Game Engine Creation

Hello I am new to game development and I would like to try to make a 2D Online Role Playing Game. My plan is just to make a small one and then try to expand it (keeping it a 2D game). All I want to do is just make a 2D Online Role Playing Game and nothing more, that would satisfy me. I have played almost every free MMORPG and I am getting tired of playing them I have always just wanted to make one. I have fooled around with RPG Maker XP and I like the graphics it provides. I did make some graphical changes to make the graphics look a little more updated and not so dull. Now the point of this post is to get a little bit of a recommendation from some people that know a lot more then I do. I know you can't just learn to make a game over night and I am willing to take the time to learn what I need to, I am a fast learner for the most part. Could you tell me the programs, books or other things I will need to create a 2D Game Engine and anything else I would need to run the game itself. Today I looked at a 2D Game Engine called Eclipse and it was pretty much all I had planned for mine. Also I am interested in making a website for the game when its finished what would you recommend I use? I am willing to buy a .com domain but I want to be able to edit the site.

Keep in mind this is just a hobby of mine and I am not planning on being a professional developer.

Thank You.

Ricky
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation

Hey im owner of Myfunworld.co.uk (Gaming Company To Be) and i was about to ask if you would like to put your game on our website ? But there will be a little catch. Saves you buying domain hosting and all that crap -.- ill sort all that stuff out

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo