1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Actionscript V. Objective C

I am not an experienced game designer...I barely consider myself a beginner. But, Since I have dabbled a bit, I was wondering what others think, especially intermediate to highly experienced game designers. What would you say, is Actionscript easier to learn with regards to game programming than Objective C? I think so.
    -ladesignandcoding-
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

AFAIK, you should not use Objective C any more.

I cant tell if you should use Actionscript, that depends at what you want to create; "create a game" is a very broad term.
  5. No Profile Picture

ActionScript

Originally Posted by ladesign
    I am not an experienced game designer...I barely consider myself a beginner. But, Since I have dabbled a bit, I was wondering what others think, especially intermediate to highly experienced game designers. What would you say, is Actionscript easier to learn with regards to game programming than Objective C? I think so.
    -ladesignandcoding-
    I don't know nothing about programming either, But I found ActionScript 2 very easy to learn. I hope to one day be a real game programmer.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ladesign
    -ladesignandcoding-
    ActionScript is easy to learn if you're not a programmer, but it presents its' own problems (numerous versions of the goto command for one), and ObjectiveC is Apple's propriety language from what I understand.

Learn C/C++ as that's the most common 'games' programming language. As most other common languages are C-derived (Java, for instance), this will be very useful to you. Although games programming isn't purely about the language.

Regards,

Shaun.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks in advance...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo