1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Haven't a clue???? please help

A few weeks ago I came up with an idea for a game, Having looked around the net I found I had to create a story etc etc. Now I have my idea ready and a story I need to learn the most important part....how to program it but I have a few issues:

1) What programming language should I start to learn?
    2) What tools do I need at my disposal for that language?

I started to look at JavaScript and from examples Ive seen there seems to be a lot of limitations. I am now looking a Java, but again there seems to be alot of games out there (made with what I assume to be Java) with really limited graphics, that's a big put off for me.

I am trying to create something that, graphically looks like angry birds. I also want it to feel quite smooth and I would like to be able to put it on Facebook.

My only understanding of code is limited to HTML and CSS, plus the little I have learnt so far with Java.

Should I continue with learning Java or move onto C and if so which c# or c++
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I would suggest using a game development tool such as Unity. Much of the leg work has already been done for you and you can start on the game development right away.

Programming a game from scratch will take some time to learn the processes. If you don't know the language then you have to learn that as well.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo