Hiya,

I'm looking for a way to manipulate sound using code in the following manner. Basically, when one uses some sort of audio software, you are able to open an audio file and adjust several hundred different audio properties in the program via sliders, buttons, value inputs, etc. What I would like to do is have the ability to do all of that in-code. I.e., I have a "generic" audio file, and based on user input, the program can intelligently apply various quantities and degrees of all those bajillions of
effects to the file.

Also, is there a way to get down 'n dirty and actually mess with the waveform itself? Basically, the goal would be to apply all the same aforementioned effects but do so by actual root-mathematical manipulation of a very generic audio file. Not really sure how to ask this, as I'm new at digi audio and
don't really know how it all works. However, the main thing is, I want to be able to have code that can intelligently edit audio on the fly as I myself would in an actual sound software interface.

Thanks for any help!