1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Info on hiring a game programmer or creating a game

I'm looking to develop a tutorial game in the format of the 8 bit racing games with typing tutorial game to manage speed and accuracy for my company. How much would this cost? Is this possible? I am aware more information probably needed. Thank you for your time.
  3. No Profile Picture

I think you need to provide a bit more information than that for anyone to be able to help you. It wasn't very clear from your message what exactly are you looking to create, a 8 bit-racing-game of some sort? What do you mean by "typing tutorial" ? Do you mean that the gameplay would be based on typing words correctly?

Also, in the topic name you mentioned you are looking for a programmer. But one key aspect to know is if you can provide the graphics for a game or not. Usually programmers aren't the guys who can provide that.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you for the reply back.

The game structure would have to be instructional. The reference to the "typing tutorial" is if you use a typing tutorial game to record accuracy of the letter and numerals entered, so a way to track inputted information. The gameplay would have to verify that the words were correctly entered. Well the process I would like to turn into a game requires looking at a container and extracting the information from the sides of the unit. The old arcade racing games like Rad Racer would be the best format I believe to accomplish this. I cannot provide graphics, would I need a developer then to provide that information.
    Again thank you for your time.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo