1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

This big idea. Help please!

Hello everyone reading this. I am a noob programmer but a pro idealist. I guess. I have an idea but I'm not sure what coding is needed or where to start. Well I guess the best way to explain it would be to explain my idea.
    I want to make a live mmorpg shooter with pvp.
    My inspiration came from a game called realm of the mad god but I want to incorporate a quest progression system as well as pvp and multi team pvp systems. I am also on the verge of leaning towards a permadeath game with items that could grant immunity.
    I know this is a big project and it will take a year or two to get off the ground but I think it could possibly be a big hit! It would be focused on classic nes style 8 bit graphics with a 3rd person overview (like runescape) and an easy access inventory system.

I need to know what programming I would need to invest in an some help along the way.
    I am willing to learn everything about a language if it will help me with this project.

If anyone would like to join me or assist me on this project it would be greatly appreciated and some sort of pay could be worked out

Thank you for you time and thank you for the help!
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi i am begginer in .NET and my favorite language is csharp. Microsoft offer some trial version for uncommercial project and also with WCR support and IIS. So could you write some more information? because many people would preccietate that
  5. No Profile Picture

Alright now were talking.

My Skype is bwgmedia
    San Antonio tx
    More bout the game idea: well to put everything into perspective:
    You will be an 8bit pixel character sprite. It's an mmorpg. So you are basicly a sprite with weapons am there is a wide range of monsters. You shoot small pixel ammo that has different advantages depending what item it is and what class it is
    When you spawn there's a tutorial explaining you are a guild master and you and your guild(your characters) go out in the world to defend it from the perils of lord (insert character name here).
    You select a character at your guild camp( a safe heaven for you to regear and buy items at yoar shops you've unlocked by unlocking classes
    Anyway Skype me if u could
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Bwgmedia
    My Skype is bwgmedia
    San Antonio tx
    More bout the game idea: well to put everything into perspective:
    You will be an 8bit pixel character sprite. It's an mmorpg. So you are basicly a sprite with weapons am there is a wide range of monsters. You shoot small pixel ammo that has different advantages depending what item it is and what class it is
    When you spawn there's a tutorial explaining you are a guild master and you and your guild(your characters) go out in the world to defend it from the perils of lord (insert character name here).
    You select a character at your guild camp( a safe heaven for you to regear and buy items at yoar shops you've unlocked by unlocking classes
    Anyway Skype me if u could
    Il give more ino over Skype. It's confusing sorry

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo