1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Game Development Courses ?

Hi folks,

I am Varun from India, i am BE pass out (2012) in Comp Sc. I will be completing 2 yrs in an MNC company in a few months

I want to get into game development programming. And i have not much clue as to how to pursue it.

so here are a few Qs i hope you can help me with.

1. Should i join a training program offered by game publishers in and outside India?
    2. or should i do a MS course (which is much likely in US, can do in Germany)? (also pls refer few universities which suit this)
    3. or can i directly apply for a job (after getting better in C++ and Python)?

many Thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

varun,

If you are ok with coming to united states. Full Sail University is a top 5 school for game development. THe website is fullsail . edu(without spaces). There game development program is AWESOME!!! I will warn though fullsail is an expensive school, but it is one of the best.
  5. No Profile Picture

Have you ever actually just considered learning RPG Maker for video game design?
  7. No Profile Picture

Why donít you opt for online video tutorials from the Microsoft Virtual Academy? They have a wide range of great resources which include game development courses that will help you in building games and cool apps. The best part is all these courses are free and taught by Microsoft experts.
  9. No Profile Picture

Game development course

Luckily there are a number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in games on offer on the island of Ireland in a range of institutions, from Institutes of Technology to Colleges. These supplement the more general courses in computer science, multimedia, art and design on offer in the Universities.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo