If you are a college junior/senior in a related field, a recent college graduate, or a professional looking for a change of pace, we’d like to introduce ourselves.
Who we are:
iD Programming Academy
Love programming or robotics? Spend your summer with Teens who share your interests. Help your students discover a potential career in programming while interacting with industry professionals, building a portfolio for college, and engaging in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) education. Instructors wanted for courses including iPhone® and iPad® App Development, Robotics Engineering and Coding, and more! Teach small (guaranteed max 8:1), personalized, two-week classes at some of the most prestigious universities across the country.
Where we are:
iD Programming Academy is held at MIT, Yale, Stanford, Duke, Princeton, UT Austin, UCLA, American, and Lake Forest College (in the Chicago area).
What we are looking for:
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are passionate about the field and eager to impart knowledge in a fun and hands-on learning environment. Ideal candidates will have professional experience in the field or should be close to completing a degree in computer science or engineering. Experience working with teens or teaching experience is preferred.
What’s in it for you?
What if you could get paid to do something fun AND bulk up your resume with applicable skills? Here are just some of the reasons you should spend the summer with us:
- Networking - Smart, experienced people work here. You’re smart, we’re smart. It sounds like a match. Here’s your chance to broaden your professional and social network with hundreds of other techies, gamers, and designers.
- Competitive Pay – We hire the best, and pay for it. Former and current iD instructors have worked for companies such as Disney®, Bethesda®, and Google®.
- Your Resume Deserves It - What better way to prove your expertise to a potential employer than by being able to write curriculum and teach industry standard software?
- Being A Mentor Feels Great – These teens are miniature versions of you. They too dream of becoming a pro game developer, software engineer, or game designer. These young grasshoppers have much to learn from you.
- You Never Know Who You Might Meet – Our programs cater to high profile clients. Our teens have parents that work for companies like Google® and Microsoft®. Here’s your chance to impress them.
- References – You do good work, we’ll say nice things about you.
- Travel Opportunities – Our locations are all over the country!
If those reasons aren’t enough for you, remember that you get PAID to share your passion about programming, participate in networked gaming tournaments, tour a major tech company, and spend your summer with awesome people. Admit it. It’s an enticing offer.
We only accept online applications so, while you’re here browsing the internet, why not take the first step towards a great summer? Check us out!