July 23rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Join Date: Jun 2012
Time spent in forums: 33 m
Reputation Power: 0
Hiring - Technical Lead – Ruby on Rails (m/f) in Berlin
Wimdu is an exciting start-up company headquartered in Berlin and one of the biggest Ruby projects in Europe. Initially funded with US$90 million, Wimdu has grown to host over 50,000 properties in over 100 countries since March 2011. Our main concept is to “travel like a local”. This idea is spread by a very international team from more than 30 different nations working in our headquarters in Berlin.
For our office in Berlin we are looking for a
Technical Lead – Ruby on Rails (m/f)
Do you work end-to-end focused and are you looking for a technological challenge? Do you always keep the books “The Lean Startup” and “Getting Real” next to your bed? Then contact us today.
• You will manage a team of advanced Ruby-on-Rails engineers
• You will take a lead on software architecture and infrastructure and prioritize features
• You will give code feedback, interview candidates and support product managers
• You will change the face of Wimdu by independently developing and implementing new features for 50 localized top-level domains that will be visited by hundreds of thousands of users
• You will contribute proactively to a highly agile test-driven development process with daily releases and weekly deploys
• You will be proposing, implementing and developing sophisticated back-end solutions on Rails
• You will visit conferences and meet-ups
• You are a leader at heart: You take responsibility, work team result focused, are able to think long-term (team AND code-wise) and challenge product decisions
• You care about your colleagues and are willing to mentor and lead
• You work data- and test-driven and love challenges
• You have a strong opinion and a vision – e.g. you want an environment that is fun to work with and you aim for a well-designed code base (e.g. REST)
• You have gained at least 5 years of experience within open source projects, start-ups or software firms
• You have gained hands on experience in at least 3 Rails projects and headed a team of coders before
• You have an educational background in the field of Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
And this is our offer:
If you seek to work within a friendly and supportive environment with many opportunities to implement your own ideas, then Wimdu is the right choice for you. You will become part of one of the biggest Ruby projects in Europe with highly skilled developers while at the same time individually enhancing a global online platform coding in Ruby on Rails. By doing this you will develop and mentor your team. That is how your work will directly impact Wimdu’s worldwide success.
We offer you the international start-up spirit, combined with an inspiring workplace in a stylish converted warehouse directly located in the heart of Germany´s capital and the chance to work on fascinating projects. You will benefit from an attractive compensation and many development opportunities. Our Wimdu academy, a chill-out area and many events complete our offer and enrich your days as a part of our fantastic team.
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
If so, we look forward to receive your application via mail to Wolfram at jobs[at]wimdu[dot]com. Please mention the reference number DvSh1204TLR. Are you committed to some open-source projects? Perfect! Share some github repositories with us!
Before we ask you, ask us: Send us your questions, doubts and we will get back to you. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Ohlauer Straße 43