October 9th, 2012, 06:48 PM
DevShed Owner seeking full time PHP & LAMP AppDev Gurus in New York
Hi all -
Internet Marketing Ninjas, which is owned by Jim Boykin, the owner of the Developer Shed network, is seeking to add two application developers to its staff. These developers would need to work out of our Clifton Park, NY offices. If you're highly qualified, we can talk about relocation.
NOTE: YOU MUST ALREADY BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK FULL TIME FOR ANY EMPLOYER IN THE US - WE WILL NOT SPONSOR NEW H1Bs
For more information about the role and to apply, go to http://bit.ly/SQ7e2b. For more information about IMN, please visit our website at http://www.internetmarketingninjas.com.
We are looking for people who live and breathe code. We need individuals who can quickly take a set of business needs and turn them into a high quality application. This is a very fast paced environment, and you should want to work whatever hours are needed to complete a project. You should need minimal instruction, and, in the absence of being told specifics, be comfortable with making your own decisions on how a program should work. You should be able to take a project from a Microsoft Paint UI representation to completed code. Think startup environment, but with the stability of a proven company.
Ideal candidates will have all of the following skills. If you don’t, we still encourage you to apply – but we will weight prior experience in the following areas more heavily (and you have to be GOOD – we’ll test you!)
- Highly proficient (4+ years) with the LAMP stack, specifically in developing server side functionality and applications in PHP5, and developing database driven applications with MySQL
- Experience with CakePHP and MVC frameworks
- Highly proficient in HTML, including CSS
- Significant experience working with AJAX, JSON and XML
- Significant experience working with REST APIs
- Strong experience using a source code management tool (preferably Git) in your daily workflow
- Linux system administration experience (your desktop will be a Linux desktop, and we deploy on Linux)
- Strong analysis, design, development and testing skills, along with usage of best practices in PHP development
- Have the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Can design and develop applications based on end-user needs
- Can work both independently and as part of a team
Preferred but not required:
- Good knowledge of Perl5 (specifically 5.10) with the ability to convert code from Perl to PHP
- Strong UX and UI design background
- Strong JQuery skills
- HTML5 and responsive web development
Required Experience: PHP, HTML, CSS, LAMP, MySQL, AJAX, JSON/XML, API Experience, Code Management (Git). MVC Framework experience (specifically interested in CakePHP)
Prefer college graduates but not required.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Personal days
- 401K contributions
- Profit Sharing
- Company Sponsored Outings
We are a cutting edge shop working on multiple platforms in a mixed environment.
Prefer Mac? no problem.
Linux? What flavor would you like?
Need more monitors? Sorry, we cap at three.
Looking for a place where you can be obnoxious and use your great sense of humor? We all have fun.
Do you like random swag? How much corporate logo apparel can you actually fit in your dresser?
Go to http://bit.ly/SQ7e2b to apply!