1. No Profile Picture
    Gödelian monster
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Thumbs up Wanted: Experienced PHP Developer -- good position open in South Florida

E-monee.com is looking for a lead PHP/database developer to continue development of various web-based financial systems.

Employee requirements:

- At least 3-5 years experience with serious (mission-critical) web application development.

- At least 2 years experience with PHP (3-5 years experience preferred, but can be substituted by experience in similar environments such as mod_perl/JSP/ASP, etc...).

- At least 2 years experience with enterprise-quality SQL database systems such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase, DB2, etc... (MySQL experience is not particularly valuable here). PostgreSQL experience is preferred, as the main database is in PostgreSQL. Experience writing stored procedures also a plus.

- Experience in banking/financial technology (ACH, ISO 8583 messaging, CC validation, etc...) a definite plus.

- Experience in data interchange technologies such as EDS, webservices, SOAP, XML, as well as fixed-length batchfile creation and parsing useful.

Employment incentives:

- E-monee.com is a growing company with many interesting projects in business-to-business online transaction processing and web-based applications. Some contracts are for large (nationally known) companies.

- The employment contract will contain attractive, specific, performance-based incentives. Pay is based on experience/ability.

- Private office in an attractive work environment, just minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale beaches.

If you are interested, please feel free to email me at sysadmin@e-monee.net or call 954-229-3011 x207.
    Last edited by rycamor; October 6th, 2003 at 04:00 PM.
    The real n-tier system:

FreeBSD -> PostgreSQL -> [any_language] -> Apache -> Mozilla/XUL

Amazon wishlist -- rycamor (at) gmail.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question i am interested

RE: PHP Developer

Hello,

Every development manager will at least be interested in
    the fact that I can knock a major percentage of development
    time off any structured project with MY 'using perl to write
    ? code' technique. It knocked 30 to 40% off the
    Bank of NY java/CORBA project and my more recent
    TSS java/servlet/JSP project (over 250,000 lines of which I wrote every one as analyst, architect, and programmer).

Remember, if a developer puts one line of database access code in the page, (s)he is ignoring the whole concept of separating form from function. Db code should be in the application layer, not the presentation layer. PHP should be used as an object oriented language, not as the msASP type of crap.

Using perl for EJB generation:
    http://tellmama.com:800/cds/perl2java

Using perl for java Servlet and JSP generation:
    http://tellmama.com:800/PerlForServlets

I am a near perfect fit. I am 45 and a professional programmer.
    http://tellmama.com:800/cds/resumeComp.html

i'm at the point of the language being irrelevant, it's the concepts which are important.

Please take one minute to review my resume', please.

email: wndrer@earthling.net
    phone: 270 234 8115
    willing to relocate on my own dime.

PS.
    I have experience in pretty much every database except PostgreSQL. SQL is SQL, though. As any much higher paid architect will say, the concepts are what's important, the code is simple mechanics.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Actually after doing java development or C, then php comes as piece of cake anyway. Just have a reference book beside to look up function names and headers.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo