[Hiring] - Senior Linux Admin (Cupertino, CA)
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
TransPerfect Family of Companies
TransPerfect, Inc. was founded in 1992 with the following mission: to provide the highest quality language services to leading businesses worldwide. With no external financing, the TransPerfect family of companies grew from its humble beginnings as a two-person company operating in an NYU business school dorm room into the world's third largest translation and software localization firm and one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies in the United States. With a network of over 5,000 language specialists and over 1,500 full-time employees in over 65 locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, we're continuously ready to meet our clients' needs, around the clock and around the world.
We attribute our growth to the skill, aptitude, and commitment of our high caliber employees. Put simply, we hire the most talented candidates and give them the guidance, resources, and opportunities they need to grow their career in an expanding environment.
The Senior Linux Systems Administrator will be responsible for administering and monitoring the production network environments. Work includes the undertaking of professional and technical tasks for system implementations. Must be able to be a self-starter, work independently yet work with a diverse technical team, and take ownership. This is a high visibility position in the technology group.
* Maintain and deploy new hardware and software
* OS Installation, patching and day-to-day operations and maintenance including patching, Backup, DR, Monitoring, upgrades etc.
* LAMP environments - Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP
* MySQL administration (upgrades, patches, monitoring, and tuning) ensuring efficient space utilization and optimal performance
* Ensure the security of the entire network and servers. Conduct server security threat assessments and recommend / implement required modifications.
* Setup and maintain a Development / Staging environment for web developers
* Maintain a load-balanced, clustered production LAMP environment
* Creates and maintains documentation of systems processes and procedures.
* Monitoring and auditing of system patches
* Ensure that proper monitoring of all physical and virtual systems are properly monitored for high availability.
* Define, implement and test verifiable backup and recovery procedures
* Conduct server performance analysis and tuning.
* Support other functions of the IT team as required
Essential skills and experience required:
* B.S in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years working in a 24x7 production environment
* Extensive experience with RedHat, CentOS and Linux
* Extensive experience with Virtualization, specifically VMWare ESXi and fail-over scenarios
* Experience working with clustered / load-balanced servers
* Expert in shell and Perl scripting
* Expert with Apache configurations and web server admin tasks
* Expert with configuring and implementing Nagios monitoring software
* Knowledge with OS and network security (firewalls and system hardening).
* Ability to manage Cisco firewall configurations in high availability, redundant environment
* Strong experience with iSCSI protocol and NAS (network attached storage) solutions
TransPerfect is an equal opportunity employer.
TransPerfect offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time-off, company sponsored life insurance, long term disability, flexible spending account options, and a pro-active and accessible HR department that focuses on the staff*s health and happiness.