Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I'm not sure what it says, but whatever it is, it says a lot of it.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hmmm, sounds like a LOAD OF CRAP to me!
    Last edited by damonbrinkley; July 25th, 2003 at 03:37 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture

damon,

can i make it generic, i will take off my affiliation, and so there will be no affiliation, that way any programmers who might still want to take advantage of it can?

Jason
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That's fine if you want to just post a link to the site even though I think the whole thing is horse crap. You have to pay $1000 to get access to a forum with other people that own this software? Can you say SCAM....
  9. No Profile Picture

Damon...Thank you for allowing this.

Just to clarify you don't pay $997 for access to a forum, you pay for the full rights to source code, of which has generated millions of dollars in sales on the internet.

The forum is a bonus to allow the package owners to network and share ideas on how to use the source code.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

if you really cared about all these people looking for programmers you would simply use your own 'user group' account to post there and tell people to ask for programming help on devshed. instead of actually expecting one of us to pay a crapload of cash for some offchance of finding somebody.
    -Sotonin
  13. No Profile Picture

You know what, you are right.

And I will do that just as soon as you apologize for the statements you made here Sotonin.

See not once have I gotten personal, made judgements against anyone posting about this, nor have I avoided any of the questions asked. And yet, because there isn't a 200+ next to my post count, I get judged by the people whom you want me to help out. You aren't in the community so you don't see the need that I see, posts coming everyday about needing a programmer to do this or that. There is even a forum just for programmers to introduce themselves, and you know what, they all have numerous posts asking for help. So twist and turn my words all you want, but at the end of the day I will have found my programmer and you will be wishing what if...
  15. 11
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally posted by opulyst
    You know what, you are right. . .

. . .at the end of the day I will have found my programmer and you will be wishing what if...
    "What if we could be spammers too."

Joke. Calm down. You've got to admit it sounds extremely fishy and people are right to be wary.

You know how this guy has made a lot of his money? By getting people to fork over a grand for some perl source and access to a forum.
  17. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Originally posted by Hero Zzyzzx
    You know how this guy has made a lot of his money? By getting people to fork over a grand for some perl source and access to a forum.
    And also by making modifications to some freely available software such as mnoGo search engine and Exim (In the wise words of freebsd, "#1 mailer of choice for spammers" -- How I miss those words of wisdom ) I read that in the sales pitch.

A lot of the stuff that the page describes seems to be fairly straightforward. Think we should go ahead and reimplement all these programs for free Hero?
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  19. 11
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Honestly, I looked at it long enough to spot the trademarks of kook writing:

1) Lots of borders
    2) Judicious use of ALL CAPS, bold and italics.
    3) SHOCKING REVELATIONS
    4) Actions that appear to be counter to the author's best interest- GAWRSH MARTHA! HE'S GIVING IT AWAY! GET THE CHECKBOOK!
    5) Extreme editorializing- "Folks are jumping up and down to get my stuff! I'm a genius, a god!"

Uhh huh.

And I might be interested in reworking these scripts, except I'm already on the short list for hell. Why do anything else to guarantee my spot?

I LOVE the new signature, Scorpions4ever!
    Last edited by Hero Zzyzzx; July 25th, 2003 at 05:58 PM.
  21. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Thanks Hero

FWIW, if anyone wants to hear Mark Joyner speak,
    http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/e...pamela_net.ram
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo