October 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
PHP or Java Developer (Backend) - Malta.
We are looking for a passionate Java or PHP backend Developer to to join a growing company in the Maltese market. The successful candidate will be responsible for system migrations, new website development and enhancements to existing website portfolio. Other main responsibilities include documentation and user regression testing. Understanding the current landscape of open source frameworks, emerging technologies, and website management & server technology is critical.
The right candidate must have 3+ years of proven working experience in OO Developing preferably coding PHP5 OOP applications, be great team player with background in web services or middleware and back-end technologies. Desire to write well documented testable code. A person willing to learn new technologies.
Things you need to have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the design, development, documentation and deployment of high performance, high availability applications in PHP or Java (Backend)
- 3+ years experience designing applications and schemas utilizing relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Strong Lifecycle experience. Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Integration, Verification, Deployment, and Sustainment.
- Web Services (SOAP, AJAX, etc)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, MapReduce a plus.
What you will be doing:
- Design, document and write code to technical specifications to implement high performance processing systems, data warehouse analytics, feeds processing, portal web sites
- Develop supporting functional and unit test cases, and collaborate with QA and the operations team to ensure proper test coverage and production monitoring/support activities.
- Responsible for fixing bugs and writing feature enhancements
Flgiht for the interview and accommodation will be paid for by the company.
Salary is between €35k and €50k
If you'd like to apply for this role then please click here and do so through our website.