1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP/Web developer for ongoing distance work

We are looking for a great web developer, PHP OOP and procedural on a LAMP config, who can also create a HTML page that looks great from a PSD and works interactively using JS and JQUERY. The job is fulltime working CET from your home/office for a duration of several months.

You need to be:

Orginised and tidy
    Modular and structured in your coding approach
    PEAR standards and best practices oriented
    Able to work independently in a group
    Have a sense for style and UX
    and deliver well-tested and well thought-out solutions

You will be working on just one website and use the Twitter bootstrap, HTML5 and CSS3 as well as responsive web design. We will allow the right person time to get used to these concepts.

You need to speak good English and provide a solid CV. We are looking for experienced people from preferably Ukrainie, Poland (Eastern Europe).

The job is available immediately. We can arrange some flexibility in hours etc for the right person.

We are literally looking for an individual freelancer, from eastern Europe, so no companies or enquiries from other continents, please.

We are a small start-up, we pay and we pay on time and we are funded and have been going for a year but we do not have millions to blow, so if you want to be part of it then please do not enter with huge salary expectations - that will first come when we start producing income...

Regards and if you are the right person, I hope you apply!

Nick
  3. No Profile Picture

What does 'huge salary expectation' mean to you? Is huge $200K, $100K, $50K, $20K?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by andy12
    What does 'huge salary expectation' mean to you? Is huge $200K, $100K, $50K, $20K?
    That means that if you live in a country where costs and wages are as in Ukrainie, Poland or the Eastern Europe in general then you will make an OK salary.
  7. No Profile Picture

OK is relative... How much are you willing to pay per month? Like $1500? Because that's a good salary in Ukraine, however you won't get excellent developers for that price.
  9. No Profile Picture

I will discuss that with interested and qualified applicants that we are in the process of hiring.
  11. No Profile Picture

I'm a qualified PHP developer... I'm just giving you a suggestion, you will fail if you are looking for experienced developers at cheap prices, it doesn't matter where they are, a good developer with solid English skills will soon find something better.

My suggestion is that you look for someone not that experienced to grow with your start-up, that way you can pay him/her the low salary you want to pay and he/she will feel motivated, plus for that developer it won't be that easy to find something better.

If you are looking for a really good one then be warned that it won't last too long... Thank me later
  13. No Profile Picture

In my opinion, I think it is better if you look for qualified people in any freelance sites. They have newbies who offer low salary and pros who are skilled enough to become your webdev. But of course it takes time to train the starters, much more if they have little background in web programming.

You can try on Elance, Freelancer.com, Staff.com (for full time hires) etc. Those sites are definitely worth a try.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I really apologize for sending you a PM. Please ignore it.
    Last edited by micheal.burns1; February 20th, 2013 at 06:33 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by desanz20
    You can try on Elance, Freelancer.com, Staff.com (for full time hires) etc. Those sites are definitely worth a try.
    From all these alternatives, I would say Staff.com fits your needs.

They have remote workers who specialize on a certain skill that can work full time immediately upon hiring them.

Here are the web developers on their database for example. I am sure you will find someone that fits your specification there. They have people for other specific programming languages too (e.g. PHP, JQuery, etc).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo