1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up PHP/MYSQL Programer Needed to Expand Auction Software Capabilities

A fully functional php/mysql based auction house based on existing software (php Auction 2.1)

This job is primarily expanding the existing software to allow more features and increase security for owner/users.

Competitive International based developers are encouraged.
    Examples of previous work and references are encouraged.
    Also,

1. We own the final product and its code etc.
    2. Finished site and software must pass a security test (encrypted passwords etc.)

If you feel confident in handling this job or wish to know more please reply to this message.

Kind Regards,

Mark Hutto
  3. No Profile Picture

More Details

Here is a more detailed list of what we want to do:

1. Code is based on PhPauction-2.1 which I can provide for you to examine.

2. We need to have a system set up where the buyer can see a total for each seller It would be like an invoice system where it shows the total including S&H, It would be good for the seller to set a system up where he can state what S&H of the first item costs and then what each additional item's S&H is. for example if he wins one item S&H is $4.00 the first item and $1.50 each additional. This would mean if a buyer won two items from the same seller the seller would only charge him a total of $5.50 S&H and that would be reflected on the paypal invoice. It would be good if the person could click a button for the seller and it would total up automatically for all of his items and send a paypal invoice. This way a buyer could wait several days as he won more items, then click the send paypal invoice button.
    3. We need a billing system for both merchants and buyers

4. I need the ability to add money to a user’s account if I need to. (for example when an item does not sell or the seller requests a refund of fees due to bidder not paying)

5. Instead of feedback number (which is the program default) it just says the words “Certified Seller”

6. only "featured" and "closing soon" items need to be shown on main page not “hot items” which is currently included. I also need control on how many items are included.

7. Some forms allow the users to change their personal information. A user can register and then later change his email address. I do not want them to be able to do this unless we can log the change somehow. Passwords would not be logged, they could change it when they wish

8. Admin must have ability to set if user can list item for. Admin must approve if someone has seller capability

9. general, tweak the home page to very closely to match sterlingbids.com in layout and content: Items should look like the thumbnails on sterlingbids.com Also bidding system should be similar with drop down menu. Also in the categories section where sterlingbids.com does not have gallery thumbnails, we would have them

10. We need to have the ability to have up to four thumbnail pictures within the auction once a person clicks on the auction. Of course only the first one shows in the external gallery like on ebay

11. All auctions start at $1.00 No Reserve. There is no Dutch or reserve option

12. Need to be able to load current database and reset passwords if needed. We also need password encryption ( I don’t know if the software already has it).
  5. No Profile Picture
    May The Force Be With You

I would be interested in this project.

Please email me at thereverend@plan9scripting.com
    Please feel free to contact me:

Yahoo: Reverend_Ink
    AIM: TheReverendInk

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo