1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Wanted: Rack Verification Software

My name is David and I am a ERP Analyst here at a manufacturing facility that produces front and rear bumpers for Ford.

We are looking for someone who can program a small program that will verify 'part-to-rack' verification.

Problem:

The wrong type of parts go into the rack and/or the rack is mislabeled. This is a problem because it could shut down Ford's assembly line.

Outline:

The assembly line has five racks beside eachother. Each rack is NOT uniquely identitified.

Infront of each rack will have a PC mounted infront and over each rack
    - The PC's will be thin clients running windows 2000

At any one time, we can have five different variations of bumpers waiting to be racked.

The bumpers contain a Finished Goods Label that contains a part number. (E.G 3F23 2F342 F54S3)

Idea:

The first bumper that goes in the rack will 'Set' the rack for that bumper.

Any bumper after that one (that gets scanned on the table) will then make the top of the rack location monitor blink to indicate that's where they must go to place the part on the rack

(When the operator brings the part to the front of the rack)

They then will pick up a barcode scanner and then scan the part number to do a second verification (at the point of the rack) then the second (bottom part of the monitor) will say "Enter" or "Wrong rack" or something along those lines.

The software must count the good matches on each rack.

Once the rack is full, the operator will scan a complete barcode (located at the terminal) which will trigger a label print.

The software must display the qty within the rack on the independent screens.

The software would like to log the events (if possible and econominical)

Integration:

1) Must be able to create a serial number entered into a AS 400 database ( We run an ERP package called CMS 400 - runs on a AS400) & print out a predefined rack label (will send a sample when requested)

Software theory:

Each rack will have a static location id. E.g Rack A would be defined as A1

thus (the first part in)

3F23 2F342 F54S3 = A1

anything else is denied

Rick static ID could be either hard coded in or pull from the computer Username login

Notes:

Would like it to be visual

Either VB or C++ (whatever is economical and feasible)

I do have diagrams and an outline made up, but its currently at work, I could send it tomorrow upon request.

Please get back with a quote/or any questions

Thank you

~Dave
    dialupdave@quickclic.net
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re. Rack Software

Hi David,

This sounds interesting - could you let me have a look at the diagrams?

I'm a Java programmer with AS400 experience.

Regards,

Steve

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo