Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Experienced game programmer looking for work


    Hello,

    I've been programming video games for many years. I have eight years of C/C++ experience, four years of DirectX, three years of OpenGL, two years of HLSL, one year of nVidia PhysX, two years of C sharp and one year of iPhone experience. I've developed two of my own video games and had them published. I am currently looking for some contract work. Please only serious inquiries. I have a resume, samples and source code upon request.

    AIM: Legend768
    MSN: jonathon7989 [at] hotmail [dot] com
    Email: jonathon7989 [at] hotmail [dot] com
    Thanks,
    Jon
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jonathon79
    Hello,

    I've been programming video games for many years. I have eight years of C/C++ experience, four years of DirectX, three years of OpenGL, two years of HLSL, one year of nVidia PhysX, two years of C sharp and one year of iPhone experience. I've developed two of my own video games and had them published. I am currently looking for some contract work. Please only serious inquiries. I have a resume, samples and source code upon request.

    AIM: Legend768
    MSN: jonathon7989 [at] hotmail [dot] com
    Email: jonathon7989 [at] hotmail [dot] com
    Thanks,
    Jon
    You wouldn't happen to be Jonathon Davis would you?
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    That's correct. Do I know you?
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jonathon79
    That's correct. Do I know you?
    Not personally, I emailed you awhile back about a possible job. I just never recieved a reply after I gave you more details. I wasn't contacting you on this site about that, I just thought your user-name and email looked familiar.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't believe I got it. You want to resubmit it?

    Thanks,
    Jon
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jonathon79
    I don't believe I got it. You want to resubmit it?

    Thanks,
    Jon
    I'm sorry if you never recieved it. I have really bad internet at home. I'm actually thinking of using a game engine called Blender, I'm not sure it actually requires a lot of programming. I havn'y made the final decision though, so I'll email you the details again. I understand that you have actually made a game engine. If it's ok, I'd like to look in to using it if you don't mind.

    I hope we can come to an agreement on what to do
    Gnome in a Can Studios
    A.J.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    I still haven't recieved anything. I'll keep any eye out for it.
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by kiwiberries
    Anything that lets you just drag and drop to create a video game isn't gonna make you any money or fuel a business, and you certainly don't need a programmer to drag n' drop. Blender, if you were to try to make a real game out of it, requires Python programming anyways, which I don't think Jonathan knows.
    Well, I might not use Blender. I still haven't decided what I'm using. I know absolutly nothing about programming. Also, I don't just do games, I mostly make movies. I'm going to start selling T-shirts and other items. I just want t make the game to tell the story behind it. If I make money in the process, I'm just gonna give it to the people working on the game and put what's left back into my company.
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Email?


    I was just wondering if you ever recieved the email. If not, then I'll leave you alone to find other work. I hope to work with you in the future on a different project if not this one.

    Gnome in a Can Studios
    A.J.
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Hey, I'm sorry but I don't have any more room on my plate for "We'll pay you when the game launches" projects but if you get any kind of budget in the future, let me know!

    Thanks,
    Jon
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jonathon79
    Hey, I'm sorry but I don't have any more room on my plate for "We'll pay you when the game launches" projects but if you get any kind of budget in the future, let me know!

    Thanks,
    Jon
    It's probably better anyway, I've had to scrap the project anyway. I can't make it myself anymore, and I ust have no money to continue. I'll probably sell the game's story to another company and let them make it.
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    My suggestion to you is to perhaps learn how to program or do something to really contribute to the project. I'm not trying to belittle you or anything but we all have ideas. If you decide to go with programming, find a decent artist and make a small project, even something like tic-tac-toe or pong doesn't really require art. Even these can be fun to make. Work your way up from there, tackle something more and more difficult and you'll get to where you want to be.

    Thanks,
    Jonathon
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Super Moderator
    Devshed Specialist (4000 - 4499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,008
    Rep Power
    2791
    Do you have a CV and portfolio that can be viewed?
    [PHP] | [Perl] | [Python] | [Java] != [JavaScript] | [XML] | [ANSI C] | [C++] | [LUA] | [MySQL] | [FirebirdSQL] | [PostgreSQL] | [HTML] | [XHTML] | [CSS]

    W3Fools - A W3Schools Intervention.
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jonathon79
    My suggestion to you is to perhaps learn how to program or do something to really contribute to the project. I'm not trying to belittle you or anything but we all have ideas. If you decide to go with programming, find a decent artist and make a small project, even something like tic-tac-toe or pong doesn't really require art. Even these can be fun to make. Work your way up from there, tackle something more and more difficult and you'll get to where you want to be.

    Thanks,
    Jonathon
    The thing is, I'm fully capable of looking at advanced programming in one day and mastering it. I learn very fast and excell at many things. I'm just not able to get things done because I'm 15 years old. I've got no money and can't fund this project anymore. I'm not giving up on it because the story is so good, but I'll have to pick it back up at a later date. If you ever know anyone who needs a good story, then please tell them about me, I write new game storylines every day, I'm mostly a writer.

    Gnome in a Can Studios
    A.J.
  28. #15
  29. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    about how much are you asking?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo