September 8th, 2003, 05:52 PM
iPIX Technical Lead Position -- PHP, Perl, ActionScript (San Ramon, CA)
Internet Pictures Corporation (iPIX) is look for a star software developer for it's San Ramon, CA office (San Francisco Bay area). Read the position description below and if you are interested email your resume to email@example.com.
Internet Pictures Corporation (iPIX) is the leader in mission-critical imaging and a world-class imaging solutions company powered by an unbeatable end-to-end infrastructure. iPIX products and services encompass many types of rich media content, including still images, 360-degree by 360-degree immersive images, video, animation, text and audio. Our end-to-end solutions include capture, processing, management and distribution of digital imaging and the associated data to make images meaningful to thousands of Internet sites and millions of Internet enabled wired and wireless devices. A broad array of industries, including classifieds, real estate, online auctions, automotive, travel, publishing and entertainment, are capitalizing on iPIX technology to drive commerce and improve business.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead for our Development team.
As a Senior Software Engineer/Technical Lead, you will help build the next generation of the Rimfire media server, Rimfire web applications and client controls. Expertise in the areas of Perl, Apache, Java, JSP, ActiveX and Flash are desirable. Above all, the candidate must be adaptable (you should be as comfortable working on the front-end user interface code as you are working on the backend server processing) and have a strong aptitude for quickly learning new technologies. You will participate in all aspects of software development projects, including design, schedule, development, unit testing and documentation. We are looking for superstar players only those who have a track record of strong contributions and the ability to aggressively drive products forward need apply. Bring your valuable experience in new technology areas to help develop our products in online digital imaging.
1. Participate in a small engineering team through full design, development and deployment cycle.
2. Help design, develop and document key components of new and enhanced products.
3. Participate in design brainstorming sessions, design reviews and bug triage meetings.
4. Develop, unit test and debug key components of new and enhanced products.
5. Work with Quality Assurance to debug and fix code based on bug reports and triage meetings.
6. Keep all code and documentation updated in a revision control system.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. B.S. Computer Science
2. 5+ years of commercial software development experience in scalable web-based systems.
3. Previous experience working in small development teams.
4. Must have proven experience in Object Oriented Design and Development using either C++ or Java
5. Must have expertise in at least two of the following areas:
Perl and Apache
C++ and MS Visual Studio
Java, JSP, Tomcat
Flash MX, ActionScript, and Flash/XML communications
6. Expertise in the following areas is highly desirable:
Experience with Linux and/or UNIX
Experience with C#, .NET, Mono
Experience with COM, ActiveX, ATL
Experience with PHP
Experience with SQL, Oracle, ODBC, JDBC
Experience with image processing or color management
7. Excellent communication skills
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
9. Dependable, Self-motivated and proactive
10. Strong dedication to quality required
11. Team player, ability to interact with all types of personalities
12. Detail oriented, good organizational skills
13. Flexible, able to multi-task and change priorities rapidly
Don't wait, apply TODAY for an exciting new job in a fun company. E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about iPIX, please visit our website at www.ipix.com
iPIX is an equal employment/affirmative action employer - M/F/D/V - EOE
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.