Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for a well experienced PHP programmer?

Then I'm your coder. If you need a small bulletin board system recoded/fixed or a full-sized community up and running, then look no further!

Visit my resume online to view my experience, and email me if you wish to contact me further.

Thank you for your time.
  3. Mobbing Gangster
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"Best City" 2002 and 2003- Melbourne, Australia
    >>Visit my resume online to view my experience
    Don't mind if I do.

PHP - 5 yrs. - Expert
    C - 3 yrs. - Expert
    C++ - 2 yrs. - Expert
    Professional Career (5+ yrs experience)
    Education
    McKinney High School, McKinney, TX USA
    High School - May, 2004
    Bite me.
    And you know I mean that.
  5. No Profile Picture

Wow, I had a small typo. Fixed. 2.5+ years

Also, try to watch your immaturity.
  7. Mobbing Gangster

2 years, to be correct.

Mind if I ask a question? For a company with the name of PerfectPHP.com it would be reasonable to own that domain. Why PerfectPHP.com is not registered?
  9. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

PHP for 5 years... that would mean that you were using it when version 3 was just released.

McKinney High School, McKinney, TX USA
    High School - May, 2004
    2004? Did you graduate in 2004? If so then you havent graduated high school yet... how can you then have been working as a lead programmer?
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally posted by AlCapone
    2 years, to be correct.

Mind if I ask a question? For a company with the name of PerfectPHP.com it would be reasonable to own that domain. Why PerfectPHP.com is not registered?

PerfectPHP.com and a few other websites formed into OnlyGeeks.com in May of 2003. The domain expired on July 29, 2003.

Sorry for the confusion.

Originally posted by AlCapone
    how can you then have been working as a lead programmer?
    I don't know if you know this, but there's a time in the day called "evening", in which you can do just about anything you wish. I choose to take that time working.
  13. php'er

geez guys,

slow down a bit with the quick judgments, eh? yeah, the guys young. that doesn't mean the guy can't program, or that interested folks won't look at his resume.
    there are projects for pay out there for almost any sized skill. so slow down when ya try to squash the up and coming.
    we were all starting out at one point, so give the guy some breathing room.
    - Adam
    .: bus: www.inversiondesigns.com
    .: late proj: testbed.inversiondesigns.com
    .: curious about latest project? pm me
  15. Second highest poster :p

Aaaahh.. I see the picture now.. create your own site and seeing as you are the only programmer you must be the 'Lead Programmer'... So in actual fact you are a high school kid who has made a couple of sites for himself and thinks he is an expert programmer.

Now doing the math here... if you are about 16 or 17yo.. that means that you would have started PHP programming when you were 11.... and if you are still in school I would hardly call that a 'Professional Career'.

Sorry if it all seems a little harsh.. but its the reality of the matter.
  17. Banned (not really)

a.k: Seriously, lay off a bit. Like wolfie said, you have no idea if the kid has any talent or not. Yes, we all agree he's young, so let him prove himself.

---John Holmes...
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I agree that we don't know this person's talents but I'd be a little skeptical of a high school kid who claims to be an expert in PHP, C, and C++.
  21. Banned (not really)

Me, too, but unless you're hiring him, then it's not your concern.

---John Holmes...
  23. No Profile Picture

This is the only reason I dont like other programmers because they are quick to judge of age, sex, and the same.

I know it seems a little skeptical, but I have been programming for quite some time. It doesn't take an extremely long time to learn C or PHP, mainly because if you learn one, you've got a head start on other people just starting to learn the same language that you are.

We have 3 people (including myself) working on certain projects (programming) for clients, and I'm the one who organizes what needs to be done, how it should be done, and by what date.

If you wish to see any work, please email me at don -at- onlygeeks -dot- com.

And on a personal note, to a few people like 'a.koepke' and 'AlCapone' are a little affraid that people younger than them (I'm not too sure how old they are) has the same knowledge, if not more, as they do.
  25. Banned (not really)

Yeah... let 'em have it kid. They're just afraid you'll steal their goats.
  27. Mobbing Gangster

Originally posted by donwilson
    This is the only reason I dont like other programmers because they are quick to judge of age, sex, and the same.
    Picture this - a kid took computer class in school in designing sites. He now knows html, css and a bit of javascript. Even though his sites are not standard complaint, they work. His brother, someyears older than him, did the same when he was in school. Since then he went to university, did degree in some field in IT, recieved extra certification, worked for larger companies and knows people, theory and ideas behind programming. He's also getting most of his money by making web site.
    At the end of the day, both of them answer "I create websites" when asked what their job is. Kid charges 15-20/hr, his brother charges 30-40/hr. Not knowing client will think that he's looking at 2 identical skillsets and will go with the cheaper one to save money for his business. While there is nothing legally wrong with the situation, ethically there is. These issues have beed beaten to death without any clear consensus.

We have 3 people (including myself) working on certain projects (programming) for clients, and I'm the one who organizes what needs to be done, how it should be done, and by what date.
    So you're like a team leader/project manager, right? Tell me, how many projects in total have you personally accomplished? And how come none of your clients are on the resume?

And on a personal note, to a few people like 'a.koepke' and 'AlCapone' are a little affraid that people younger than them (I'm not too sure how old they are) has the same knowledge, if not more, as they do.
    We work for different markets here. I am not afraid of younger - a bit younger for that matter - workers, and I am not afraid of indians/chinese/russian programmers. We work for different people with different goals and ideas. There is much more involved than just programming.

I am always up for a little competition - start posting on devshed and we'll tell you what you're really worth

and my g0ats are my g0at and ya'll can't touch none of my g0ats. Rent and short term lease only
    Last edited by AlCapone; September 11th, 2003 at 06:57 PM.
  29. No Profile Picture

Did you need some help or something? You, and a few others, keep replying to this thread as if you need help on a job.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo