December 4th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Senior Java Developer / Team Leader - Manchester UK
Your challenge – as Senior Java Developer / Java Team Leader
Lead one of the teams developing the software solutions that define how people all over the world travel, discover, shop and enjoy their home city or travel destinations.
Your role - as Senior Java Developer / Java Team Leader
Challenging hands-on and technical lead role, with some mentoring and customer interaction - developing an innovative, user-focused and fully integrated electronic point-of-sale (EPOS) product, which is used in travel shops worldwide, with an interactive touchscreen and rich back-office functionality. This is full cycle Java systems development - utilising the latest core Java, Enterprise Java, Web, Mobile and secure transaction technologies. Two-week development sprints, collaborating with expert colleagues from systems architecture, software testing, usability and project management. Opportunity to transfer between project and product teams.
About you – as Senior Java Developer / Java Team Leader:
• Some Java team leading, or mentoring or SCRUM mastering experience
• Happy interacting with customers / technical stakeholders
• Proven high-quality core Java / Java EE / Enterprise Java coding abilities
• Passion for Web and software development technologies
• Appreciation of User Experience / Usability considerations
• Good attention to detail
• Enthusiastic and proactive
• Core Java / Java SE / J2SE / Java EE (Java EE 6) / Enterprise Java / JavaEE5, EJB3, JPA, Android / Mobile, Eclipse / NetBeans, Web Services, Spring, Oracle / SQL
Worldwide industry leader in Smart Card Transaction Systems. A Sunday Times Tech Track 100 software company who has achieved 50% growth for the past three years, with 100+ staff and growing strongly. They encourage a strong work:life balance and have a friendly close-knit team culture. Personal career development frameworks and technical training provisions.
Central Manchester – brand new office and team.
Salary and benefits:
• Excellent Team Leader level salary (negotiable)
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26; matched Personal Pension; BUPA Medical and Dental
Apply now - immediate or January/February start - via: andrew(at)hendronwood.co.uk
We care as much about your future as our own. Even if this job is not quite right, please share your CV anyway - we may have other options now or in the future. Feel free to get in touch for an informal discussion about career. We will always consult you before approaching an employer on your behalf
(07710) 794225 or @AndrewGiffordHW