December 10th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Looking for LAMP Software Engineer/DBA in Provo, UT
looking for LAMP Software Engineer/DBA in Provo, UT
Salary - 80K+ DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, 401(k), Vacation, etc.
This position will play a key leadership role in the design, development and implementation of Career Step software applications as well as build and maintain our databases. This person must be a skilled problem solver with great logical design skills and possess a broad range of IT experience in multiple diverse business settings. This position will also be expected to be an experienced trainer and mentor, an excellent communicator, possess an exceptional customer service attitude, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and very dynamic environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Career Step is an online school heavily focused in education technology. With almost 15 years of experience in developing custom online learning software platforms, Career Step has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally. All of Career Stepís healthcare, administration, and technology training programs are offered through the schoolís proprietary training-as-a-service software. The school is committed to developing education technology solutions that improve studentsí learning experiences and graduate outcomes.
- Lead database design and development efforts
- Create and enforce database access standards
- Design and develop applications in support of web-based learning management systems
- Provide database administration and support
- Keep current with the latest technologies
- Interact with end-users as required throughout software development life cycle
- Interact with team members to share knowledge and support other efforts as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or information systems preferred.
- 6+ years of related work experience.
- 2+ years of specific MySQL design and administration experience
- Proven expertise in software engineering and MySQL database administration
- Demonstrated MySQL database design experience
- Expert level competency with database queries and stored procedures
- Strong leadership and team-working skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
Apply on-line at Careerstep.com
January 8th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Have you find someone suitablet for this?
January 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM
January 23rd, 2013, 09:36 PM
Hi, have you tried asking help from a freelancing site like Odesk, Elance or Staff.com? Iím sure they can help you hire people from UT or other places in the US. Iím thinking this is something for a long time partnership? If so, Staff.com is guaranteed to assist you hire the best software engineer since theyíre focused in full time hires as opposed to freelancing.
January 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Not yet.....still looking
Originally Posted by cooky24
February 1st, 2013, 01:13 AM
I am Famina Roy Software Engineer working at standalone marketing company in Canada. We are specializes in strategy, design and development of rich and interactive web 2.0 applications, and industrial and Medical Marketing at affordable cost.
February 2nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Would you consider hiring a remote developer? Because I think I'm the right person for the position, but I'm a bit far away