March 12th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Software Engineer in Test - El Segundo, CA
Software Engineer in Test
Location: Los Angeles (Headquarters)
Job Code: 825
# of openings: 1
Internet Brands, Inc. is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce web sites in a number of categories, such as Automotive, Travel, Shopping, Finance, Careers, Home, and Leisure. With a flexible and scalable platform, we operate a rapidly growing network of over 1,000 websites, web-based, and software products that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities, view a vast variety of articles and content, and to make informed purchasing decisions for a wide range of goods and services.
Internet Brands’ sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards. Our flagship site, CarsDirect.com, is the leading multi-brand online car buying service and has been providing new car, used car, and auto finance-related content and services since 1998. Included amongst our other highly popular products are:
- vBulletin – The international leader in forum and community publishing software. Forums all over the world use vBulletin to build and power their online communities.
- ModelMayhem.com – A fashion industry powerhouse and the go-to networking site for professional models, photographers, make-up artists, and designers from around the globe.
- ApartmentRatings.com - The largest online rating community for rental housing and one of the top 5 most-visited apartment hunting sites in the world.
- BensBargains.net – A leading electronics and technology shopping site that brings our visitors all of the best deals the Internet has to offer.
- CorvetteForum.com – One of the largest sports and muscle car communities in the world, dedicated to all things fast and furious.
We’re looking for a motivated Software Engineer with a passion for quality and an eye for detail. You’ll be on the ground floor of a new effort aimed at building out a Software Development Engineer in Test team to revolutionize QA at Internet Brands. You’ll have the opportunity to design and build our next generation test automation framework.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of software development experience, experience with web-based technologies and testing, and meticulous attention to detail. A strong interest in Software Quality Assurance is a must, as are documentation, communication, and mentoring skills. Previous test automation and Quality Assurance experience is strongly preferred, but on-the job training is available.
This position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance.
- Building layered test frameworks that are integrated with existing software development process.
- Driving the definition, identification, and creation of automated test techniques.
- Creating automated regression test scripts and unit tests.
- Researching and recommending test tools.
- Designing and implementing test tools.
- Creating test strategies around a variety of tools
- Mentoring and training QA Engineers.
- Documenting/creating online training materials.
- Working closely with distributed development resources in several countries.
- Assisting in the design and evolution of the company’s QA process.
- Setting and meeting schedule estimates, timelines, and milestones.
- Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
- Assisting developers with issue analysis.
- 3+ years of software development and/or test automation experience.
- Completion a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited four-year university.
- A strong interest in a career in Software Quality Assurance. Relevant experience is a plus.
- Strong programming skills in Java, PHP or Python.
- Experience writing unit tests, test harnesses, or developing/implementing test automation tools.
- Experience with JUnit, PHPUnit, or TestNG framework.
- Experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Ability to quickly understand and gain domain expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue.
- Strong understanding of Agile SDLC.
- Strong understanding of software engineering and SQA methodologies.
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
Extra Credit (Not Required):
- 1+ years of experience programming automated tests for commercial software/web products.
- Hands-on expertise doing feature level API test automation.
- Experience with compatibility, security, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, or stress testing is a plus.
- Experience with SQA automation and load testing tools (ex. Selenium, JMeter, Mercury LoadRunner, Mercury QTP, Watir, WebTest, Silktest, TestComplete) is a plus.
- Experience with keyword and data driven automation is a plus.
- Experience with the Robot Automation Framework is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (ex. Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control, Bamboo) is a plus.
- Experience with web services automation and load testing tools (ex. NeoLoad or SOAPUI) is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment in Los Angeles (El Segundo - near LAX).
If interested in the position please apply at our website.
A link to the open potions page can be found in my profile.
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands is an innovative online media company that operates media, community, and e-commerce websites in consumer categories including automotive, health, shopping, and travel. We also create and license leading social media software and applications.
Internet Brands' network of 200+ websites reaches more than 90 million unique visitors each month. Our network is ranked one of the Top 50 most popular web properties on the Internet by comScore. Our Automotive and Home portfolios rank in the Top 5 most-visited properties in their respective categories as ranked by comScore, and our websites have received dozens of awards from publications including Time Magazine, MSNBC, PC World, and Forbes.