1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Service request: update tax summary in real time based on country.

Hi I can't do this myself, I'm not smart enough, so I'm looking for someone to fix a problem I have on a form that is badly designed. I can't change the workflow of the process, so I need some javascript to resolve this problem...

Description of the problem...

I have a PHP based ordering system that uses smarty templates. The way the order process has been designed means that the final amount displayed on the form is often incorrect. VAT is calculated for the order based on the country, but this isn't calculated until the entire form has been submitted. The main problem is that the whole checkout process is on one form and it can't be easily split into two processes, so rather than submitting your address details, then being sent to a final payment stage where the tax summary and final payment amount can be displayed, this billing system puts the whole data entry and payment submission in one process - so in effect the customer does not get an accurate display of what they need to pay. Ridiculous isn't it. There is a default country (UK) with a VAT rate of 20%. If someone from a different country with a different tax rate places an order, the form will still display the total including 20% VAT until they hit the payment gateway, where they will actually pay the correct amount. So it's important to explain that the total is calculated correctly after the country and state have been submitted, but the form cannot display the correct totals before payment because it hasn't been submitted yet. I hope I've explained that correctly.

What I need to do is add a section to the form that provides a summary of what the customer needs to pay, before the form is submitted. When they enter their country and state info, the summary box containing the order totals needs to be updated in real time. I think this will require AJAX?

This is too complicated for me to do, so I'm looking for a freelancer or someone who will charge a reasonable fee to resolve the problem for me. If you're up to the challenge please let me know and I will provide more specific details.

Many thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello Chris,
    Are you still looking for someone to help you?
    If yes, please let me know

Regards

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo