1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How am I supposed to keep a website on my computer?

OK, I've been working on a website which will be uploaded later; but for now, I need to keep it in my computer only. I am using Windows.

I have a home page with a drop-down menu which will lead to other pages and the drop-down menu itself has been categorized. Now when I created a new folder about and put another page in it and then tried to access index.html (the home page), I am not able to. The only solution I could think of was to put the whole directory and that worked but that's something which I am not willing to do because then uploading it on the web would become a tedious job.

And I thought of putting all the files in the same folder but that would not group the pages properly. What am I supposed to do? Also, note that this website is for my school, so I need to make it so that when I go to school, I just have to upload it on the web, no code change whatsoever.
    [Problem solved! Requesting to close the thread.]
    Last edited by Akshat1; October 18th, 2013 at 02:52 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Download the whole website on localhost simple is that.It will keep save on your PC and you can use it whenever you want.Its simple way to keep your website on your PC

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo