1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

& in the URL

After clicking on a picture of my website on Yahoo Images. The & symbol in the URL is being replaced with the &

So the link is shown on Yahoo Images as
    frasersales.com/products.asp?product='hdmi_to_dvi_5m_cable_high_definition'&category='dvi_hdmi_cables'

When clicking the link it's shown in the IE address box as the below link and a 500 server error happens
    frasersales.com/products.asp?product='hdmi_to_dvi_5m_cable_high_definition'&category='dvi_hdmi_cables'

How would I go about fixing this?
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

It works if you add www in front:
    www.frasersales.com/products.asp?product='hdmi_to_dvi_5m_cable_high_definition'&category='dvi_hdmi_cables'

My first though was the DNS, but frasersales.com (without www) works as I expected.

Have you looked the the code in referred file from the error message?
  5. No Profile Picture

I removed the www because the Reply to Thread does not accept URL's for new visitors.

The URL I entered in the Reply to Thread had the & amp ; (without the spaces) in the URL although this is displaying on the post as the & symbol. So might be something to do with HTML URL encoding.

The only way I can explain the issue is by showing the Yahoo images URL and my website URL on a text file.

frasersales.com/url.txt
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Here is the source Yahoo Images link. I see the problem you are describing.

The link to your site is coming from Yahoo. So, wouldn't that imply it is Yahoo's error and therefore not something you can fix? You'd need to tell Yahoo to fix that. Or did you upload the URL to Yahoo Images? In which case, maybe you should check the encoding of what you uploaded. (?)

Comments on this post

• MrFujin agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

I did not upload the URL to Yahoo Images. After checking on the web I found that maybe I should replace & to the & amp ; on all URL's on a website. I'm not 100% sure if this is the case and there's a lot of links on my site so would need to be certain.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo