1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Blogger Coding Help

Hi There!

I am a novice CSS/HTML/XML coder - and I am trying to finish up changes to my new blog template, and I've come across some changes that exceed the extent of my knowledge

I am not able to post the link to my blog because I have a new user account (forum rules) but its hosted on blogger and my username is dashofdaydream.

If anyone could help me out with any of the following changes - it would be greatly appreciated!

I am looking to:

* Move the date header under the blog title header
    * Remove the end / on the navbar (but not the rest)
    * In the post footer - move the "0 comments" to just before the icons

Thankyou so much in advance
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, laurynvanrooy.

Here's a link: http://dashofdaydream.blogspot.com/

As you found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.

You would be more likely to get help if you posted the code for the template you're using. When posting code, please place it between [code][/code] tags.
    If you want to use the button to add the tags, paste the code in the textarea and then select it before clicking the button (so you don't get the problematic JavaScript prompt dialog).
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

thankyou for the tips

I am using a modified/edited version of the "simple" template.

the actual css is too many characters to add to this post... but I could upload it as a txt file?
  7. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Why do you assume that we use Blogger? I, for one, strongly dislike it.

We need to see the HTML with Blogger's special tags much more than we need to see the CSS, which we can get by visiting the page and using one of the many web developer tools available. New users can't post attachments anyway.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo