1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cant edit page on other machines than the one it was created on -.-

hello

my problem is : images wont be displayed by the browser, when i try to edit html files on another machine than the one i wrote the page on.

in detail: i wrote this page : www baeckereikohler de on my computer. uploaded everything to the ftp and it works. when i make changes to the site, it works as long as i do it on my pc. when i download the entire page from the ftp to another computer and try to edit things, the pictures won't get displayed allthough the entire wbsite-folder is there with the pictures and everything.

what i want : i want wo be able to download that page to any machine of my choosing, edit it on that machine and be able to preview the pages on it properly.

ps hope this is the right place to post + i feel like i made a stupid mistake, like somehow making the file locations "static" ( i don't know how to say this, english is my 2nd language ) allthough that doesnt even make sense since the ftp is a another machine itself isn't it ?

thanks for even reading, many thanks if you reply
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

What does the URL in your image tags look like? Is it referencing a relative path? Does the path that it's referencing exist?

I'm guessing the word you mean is "absolute", which would be the opposite of relative.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo