1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Checkboxes Remembered on next visit.

I am trying to have a list of tasks, 300 of them. As a person completes a task I would like a checkbox next to the task. Which I already have done. What I would like is that the next time the person visits the web page, the checkboxes that are checked will be remembered. This way they can pick up on the tasks where they left off and continue with them.

In case there is a better way of doing this. I am open to any reasonable suggestions.

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It is possible of course, but not using HTML.

Normally this sort of thing would be done using a server side language and a database engine; likely with some JavaScript added in as well.

With HTML5, it would be possible to do using JavaScript alone if you're willing to rely on local storage only for saving the checked checkboxes.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    With HTML5, it would be possible to do using JavaScript alone if you're willing to rely on local storage only for saving the checked checkboxes.
    This may be OK because there are only about 25 people that are going to use the list.

Would this solution store the boxes checked for each individual?

Normally this sort of thing would be done using a server side language and a database engine; likely with some JavaScript added in as well.
    This may be OK as well. Can you suggest a couple of database engines that I could look at?

Thanks for you suggestions.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo