1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I like to work with Word press only.....
  3. No Profile Picture

Just the gist of what I have to say

Hi Prestashopic,
    Just like the other replies you have received here, I will give you a similar one.

A Content Management System, confuses many new users. They think they can just upload the files and that's it all the work is done. On the contrary, after uploading the files, you should have at least some basic HTML, CSS and PHP knowledge as well as databases.

It's something I could write you a 3,000 word essay on and you still wouldn't get what I am trying to say. You have to get one of the popular ones, depends on your needs.

Wordpress is a great choice if you have a blog type site but any CMS can be designed into a different look and you would never guess that worpress, joomla or anything else for that mattter is what that person is using.

They all operate differently and if you do not have some basic programming knowledge, you wouldn't really know which one you want to choose.

Of course, you can still download Joomla which I personally recommend or Wordpress and enjoy the basic usage of it, but in order to really control the essence of a CMS, you must learn programming.

This is not the best website to look at when you want to learn about the different CMS's but it's reasonable to get you started and give you a general idea:

*Edit*
    It didn't let me post a link but Google "top content management systems" and click on the "spyrestudios" site.
    *Edit*

I have some very useful bookmarks saved from the time I was very much into Content Management Systems, if I come across them, I will PM them to you.

If you have any questions, email me or ask away here on the forum.
    Best of luck,
    Ilia.
  5. No Profile Picture

best cms

I prefer Joomla and drupal for your cms. You need an extensive knowledge of php and my sql for its implementation or can hire a web development company itchimes.com for better solution.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

I prefer Wordpress for your cms because Wordpress are the most popular, flexible and great site for blogging with new features of Wordpress as well as CMS is very easy to compare Drupal and Joomla.
  9. No Profile Picture
    buildmyweb.org

i would recommend wordpress for non-developers as its admin interface is the easiest to acclammate to imo.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

I like the most Wordpress. I mostly worked on it.
  13. No Profile Picture

I performed a thorough investigation for a college I worked for in 2008. Since then I've used either Drupal or Wordpress for most websites. I use Wordpress 75% more then Drupal. Drupal tends to have a larger learning curve, but more flexible for robust application-like development.

In regards to Groups, Forums, and file sharing I would recommend looking at Buddypress, which is a library of plugins for Wordpress, which enables these types of functionality.

There is never a one-size-fits-all with CMSs though, and you will have to do some customization at the end of the day.
  15. No Profile Picture

I like to work with joomla only.
  17. No Profile Picture

Creating a successful website is now easier than ever due to the Content Management System (CMS). With CMS you can create and publish web content, present it to your audience, and archive it safely.
    Joomla CMS

A CMS helps you

keep your website well organized and comprehensive,
    reduce the site maintenance costs,
    increase your data security.

In this manner, a CMS is an outstanding solution for your small or middle sized business as well as for your intranet or community websites.
  19. No Profile Picture

Wordpress is by far the best system I have ever used. If you want in your website some advanced functionality like CMS as well as the chat systems, registrations etc, you should use PHP to make your website flexible and it will work they way you want.
  21. For POny!

screw does awards, they all won atleast one.

This is how I decide.
    if you mainly blog -> wordpress
    if you are building anything more advanced -> Joomla / drupal

My preference is joomla, which if you customize it and remove all things in the frontend you don't need (for instance mootools) it works great, it works great anyway. As with all these CMS, de more components and modules you add the slower they get.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Its good to know about these and I have worked in wordpress , joomla . you have to crack the hardness.All de best!!!!!!!
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by prestashopic
    I want to build a website consisting of forums, blogs, groups and communities, chat , news and storing of files. Which Content Management System would be best for this?
    Please post your Views , CMS Reviews and Guide me
    I think there is a simple way to do this is
    abc.com is your website
    install a simple website theme in home page

then intall a forum punbb or anyone that you want there abc.com/forum

Then install pligg there abc.com/pligg

You can do it in your control panel very easily. If you want any further help then PM me I will tell you the whole process .

Regards
    WJ
  27. No Profile Picture

Hi Guys,

I would like to recommend about Joomla, drupal and wordpress. they are the best CSM tools .
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There are many CMS available in market. It all depends upon on how comfortable you are to use them and what sort of securities they provide from being hacked.

People generally prefer to use WordPress and JOOMLA. Drupal is little complex. So people try to avoid it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo