Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Offcourse i suggest building your website using wordpress, however it depends on your experience mainly, Good Luck !
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Once, I used a software called as 3d cart. It was amazing.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There are many famous CMS available over World Wide Web, you can download Wordpress, Opencart, Magento, Joomla. When it comes to my favorite eCommerce CMS I prefer using Opencart.
  7. No Profile Picture

Wordpress is the best CMS. It's user-friendly and easy to use
  9. No Profile Picture

Now a days there are many CMS tools available in the market. I am a Drupal Developer. Drupal It has a nice feature to make your site more powerful. The source code of Drupal (license GPL- PHP with MySQL) is free. You can optimize your site according to your point of view. Security point of view I suggest Drupal.
  11. No Profile Picture

There are numerous CMS’s available, from paid solutions to excellent open source choices. I think WordPress is a great CMS with a lot of Free and Premium Themes and Plugins.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I know I'm going to go a bit against the grain here, but I really think that CMS's have a long ways yet to go.

I only have limited experience with Drupal and Joomla, having worked mainly on proprietary CMSs, but from what I've seen I'd have to say that I find the vast majority of content management systems to be unreasonable for an end-user(non web designer/developer) to learn how to operate. It seems like, from a usability standpoint, there would be something better out there by now. I've experimented with Joomla, used Wordpress a fair amount, and have seen demos of Drupal, and am quite disappointed in them--particularly Joomla. It's very unintuitive; an end-user can't figure it without in depth guidance or reading.

Bear in mind, I'm not speaking about the learning/work that we have to do as developers, I'm talking about when we hand the site off to whoever we are making it for. If they don't have much web experience they are going to have a tough time. And isn't one of the primary benefits of the CMS the fact that an end-user is supposed to be able to update it easily?

In the web these days, it seems like there is more and more of an emphasis on usability. People praise interface's like Mint, or Jux, or other intuitive interfaces that guide you and help you to feel confident and in control at all times. Why has this type of design not made it to the CMS yet? In my opinion, one of the primary considerations when selecting a CMS should be how easy the interface will be for the end-user to learn/use.

Perhaps I'm off-base here, but this has been my experience so far. Does anyone else find this to be true?
  15. For POny!

Originally Posted by piperpam27

Bear in mind, I'm not speaking about the learning/work that we have to do as developers, I'm talking about when we hand the site off to whoever we are making it for. If they don't have much web experience they are going to have a tough time. And isn't one of the primary benefits of the CMS the fact that an end-user is supposed to be able to update it easily?
    Interesting, we never have this trouble with our clients. We educate them for 1 or 2 hours how to use it and that teaches them all they need to know (whether its joomla magento, wordpress opencart). We know that because before we started building we asked what they want to have and expect. If that have difficulties, we can assist them remotely. Usually some secretary is the one doing the web stuff. We limit the back-end to a certain extent though before they f*ck up
    Last edited by aeternus; October 1st, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
  17. No Profile Picture

As per me wordpress is much better because I can created website as easy as draw in notebook. If you want in your website some advanced functionality like CMS as well as the chat systems.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Using Joomla, for about half year, and seems to my, prety easy to learn and to make web pages. I hear that wordpress is too good, and both have plenty free templates. That is the best thing with this.
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo