1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Conflicting cookies?

Hi I hope this is the right area.

I have two identical web server boxes at someones premises that each host a CCTV monitoring interface accessible via the web. eg. view 8 cameras from one box and 8 from the other. Their viewing applets are written in Java by the looks of it.

I can view each server individually, but if I open two browser windows to view both at once, they interfere with each other.

I get the initial login screen and can log into both successfully where I can see camera 1, but if i try to click on the configuration tab or status tab, I get 'You are not allowed to view this page.' on one but the other is fine.

I'm guessing this is because they are hosted from the same URL but different ports ie. www.blah.com:80 www.blah.com:82 and both are using the same set of cookies causing some kind of conflict.

I can kind of verify this because by using different browsers on the same machine it works flawlessly. This is a workaround of course, but I wondered if anyone knew how i could stop this 'cookie conflict'

The cookies I have listed for this site in firefox are:-

activatedmode - digital
    viewsizemode - 100
    4x3 - false
    language - en
    session - 6b9a1bbff09267d94eaf45881cf8aacb
    user - administrator
    current_page - null

It is not critical, but is making me because I'm sure it should be simple.

Thanks in advance!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You would have to move one of the servers to a different domain; cookies are not tied to ports.

The other alternative would be modifying the Java code to remove the conflict.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo