1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Creating special access codes to watch a movie

I wanted to know if a concept like this below was possible:

We are a non-profit who will have selling a movie we made online shortly.

We would like to make a donation page where if a person donates $100, they will be given five special access codes that can then be sent to their friends e-mails. Their friends will then input the special access code on a website in order to watch the streaming movie. The special access code will be active for 45 days.

Does anyone have any examples of other companies doing this or any directions on if this is even possible/first steps to take?

Many thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Where To Start

Hello arlyt,

I am unsure on how experience you are in the world of web programming so i will try not to make this too technical.

I would go about this by adding a table to my database, i would use this to store the access code, start date, end date and the email address it was sent to.

When a user generates some codes these could then be stored in the database with some simple PHP / MYSQL code. Then you could email out the instructions to the people who will be receiving the access codes.

When a user attempts to use there access code you could then check if the end date has passed or not and deliver the required page.

For a developer this shouldn't be a overly complicated system to implement. I hope this post has given you some ideas on where too look.

Feel free to ask questions.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo