1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

In dire need of web help

hi
    im a new member here, i am also new at html coding, i have done my first website for a non for profit organisation...but i have come up with some problems...mainly, the page is centered on firefox but not on other browsers
    i believe i have some errors with my coding (actually i know)
    don't really know how to fix them though....i built the site on dreamweaver btw. (i heard not the best)

i really need help from anyone (at least to get it uploaded then i can concentrate on properly learning html and css coding to properly redo the site)...willing to trade services or future jobs(i am in advertising) or t-shirt/poster/background design...im volunteering so i dont have a budget
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

If you tell (post) how you center the page, maybe then someone can say what is wrong.

If you believe something is wrong, you can try to validate you code.
    Although it cant control design issues (whether it should be center or not) you can check that the syntax/attributes are correct.
    CSS: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    HTML: http://validator.w3.org/:
  5. No Profile Picture

this is how i centered the page on the css sheet,

body {
    width: 1280px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }
    the code is at the top of the page
    this is how i learnt it on web tutorials, should i have done it a different way?

..i ran it through the validator and got errors, but i dont understand most of them or how to fix them and i dont want to make things worse
    im pretty sure the resolution is very high too...does this affect centering? but whenever i change it, it just messes up the page
  7. No Profile Picture

CSS says i have no erors on my CSS sheet
    but html does
    does anyone know how to fix this for example?

Line 3, Column 19: there is no attribute "XMLNS"
    <html xmlns="" lang="en" xml:lang="en"><!-- I

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page
    http goes between the quotation marks
    Last edited by momo1981; August 4th, 2012 at 06:37 AM. Reason: wrong information

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo