1. No Profile Picture
    Bad Thad
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    I have scoured the earth for an easy to use program that will generate the java script for a horizontal, hier menu, such as the one at microsoft.com. There are plenty of progs that will build an applet, but NONE that easily generate SCRIPT...that I can find. I have been to all the major sites such as www.heirmenu.com and some commercial vendors. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND SUCH A PROGRAM?? $$$ is not a problem, I am willing to pay whatever it takes. I just don't want to hand code a menu that will be very dynamic.

3. No Profile Picture
    time2brew
    I would just use the 3 files that microsoft uses and customize them to fit your needs. The code that you would need to change is minimal and it would make your life pretty easy. I have done that before. I learned quite a bit from MS pages and have built a couple different styles of dynamic menus where the data can change frequently.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Bad Thad
    Thanks for the reply. I have 2 diff menu systems that utilize *.js files as well as the html script. The menu system i am working on will have over 100 dynamic items, changing those files is absolutely no fun.

How can you nab the *.js files from MS? When you view source, that lets you view the html code and script, however, all you can do is see references to the *.js files.
  7. No Profile Picture
    PAV
    Look in the source-code for the path/filename of the js-files and type it in as a URL (in extension to the root-path: www.microsoft.com). Say yes when it asks you to download the file.

Have fun!