1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How To Enter Data In Multiple Tables At A Time

I have created different tables in different pages of my blog but all tables have same header , i need to enter data in these tables, some data elements are common for some tables, so how can i enter data in these different tables at a time, Like categories to a post..... i will explain my problem with an example

In my blog I have created 10 tables in different pages,names of those tables are x0,x1,x2,x3,x4,x5,x6,x7,x8,x9, all tables have same header, if a data entry is common to some tables say x1,x3,x4,x7 , now i need to enter data in all these tables individually, which takes very much time, so please send a way how to enter data in multiple tables at a time...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Are you entering data? i.e. A person's name
    Or options? Like in a drop-down menu?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello sureshsami.

The issue here is that these tables are contained within separate pages which, I'm assuming, are not all loaded simultaneously (correct me if I'm wrong).

HTML is a client side language; meaning that an HTML file is requested, interpreted and rendered on demand by a user's web browser. If the user we're to enter data on one form in one page, there is no way that I know of, using pure HTML, for that data to be shared with another page. Not only because HTML doesn't really do this, but because, from the user's perspective, pages that haven't been loaded may as well not exist.

That said, I see two possible non-HTML solutions for what you're trying to achieve:

The first follows the example of WordPress. Using PHP, which is a server side language, and a simple SQL database, read and write your data from/to the database and populate your forms that way.

The second would be to use cookies or HTML5 session storage, via JavaScript, to store, read and write your data. Then you would have each page read the cookie/session data on load and populate your forms that way.

- Null

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo