1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Export Dashboard as a Webpage with FIXED LAYOUT

Hello,
    I am seeing very different page layouts in Firefox and Internet Explorer when I open the webpage exported from Excel. Internet Explorer renders the webpage EXACTLY like it is shown in the excel file the Firefox has all the Dashboard pictures squeezed into one another. I wonder if there is a way to export excel worksheet to a webpage with a fixed layout which will render the SAME in all browsers?
    I have attached the workbook exported and the snapshots of what I see in each of the browsers,
    Dorian
  3. Lazy Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hold on here... You're building a webpage with Excel?
  5. No Profile Picture

thank you for your reply - well I am building a dashboard report in excel and want to export it to a meaningful HTML....is there a way to do it from excel or I need to connect excel to some other software?
  7. Lazy Moderator

I wouldn't trust Excel to build a webpage no more than I would expect Word to be able to stream Youtube videos.

I don't have Excel to test with. What is it generating, exactly? Can you open up one of the webpages in Notepad and copy all the HTML markup there into a post? Obviously, pick a page that doesn't have anything sensitive in it - or make a small demo of what this dashboard thing looks like.

And what all are you able to do? Do you need to be able to save from Excel? Can you spend some time doing manual work or does it need to be as automated as possible?
    Related to that: Wow often do you need this? Where is the data coming from? Do you think it might be possible to have the dashboard generated as a webpage rather than in Excel, and if so then do you still need an Excel copy?
  9. No Profile Picture

This excel model is the FRONT of a number of advanced models operating behind - I just need to export it daily or hourly - no need to update it every second - so it can be static - and pure and clean and stable HTML - can it be done?
  11. No Profile Picture

here are the files:
    Download fixed layout rar
  13. Lazy Moderator

Yeah, I'm not downloading from that site. Open up the generated webpage in any textual editor (Word, Notepad, whatever) and copy it into a post.
  15. No Profile Picture

The text that you have entered is too long (79842 characters). Please shorten it to 30000 characters long.

can you tell if you will download from dropbox? I can upload there the HTML file...
  17. No Profile Picture

here is the link to my Dropbox - inside archive you will see the html file - it is absolutely virus free!)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2uyo7rvje...yout2.rar?dl=0
  19. Lazy Moderator

The fact that the page works at all in non-IE browsers is a miracle. It could take significant work to get it rendering properly in other browsers because it's full of proprietary IE crap.

My suggestion would be to open the page in IE and do something with it from there. For example, "print" it to a PDF file. Those are much more standardized than HTML and should work better with non-Microsoft products.
  21. No Profile Picture

thank you - but I need to do this every day - cannot hand-code the exported html each time....maybe there is a way to export excel data to desktop
    application like dream weaver or other...you know one?
  23. Lazy Moderator

You don't have to deal with the HTML manually. Save as webpage from Excel, open in IE, then "print" (as in File > Print) it to a PDF.
  25. No Profile Picture

I think I have found a way - a cumbersome but still working way to generate stable reports from excel which look the same in all browsers....I print excel dashboard to pdf and then convert it to HTML with a commercial PDF converter...please take a look at the converted file - looks amazing - can you please test if it shows stable on your side?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d85l3d5vz9...port.rar?dl=01

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo