1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

File upload HTML Code

Hi!

I'm a newbie here and to web development. I have a small site hosted on 1&1 and I'd like people to be able to upload word files to me from the site (by upload I assume they are emailed to me). Does anyone have any code (HTML I assume) for doing this that would work on 1&1? Obviously I'd need a few boxes for them to fill in their details too, and why they would be interested in my little site!

Thanks everyone!

Mrs G
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

HTML by itself can't upload files. You need to use a server-side language like PHP / ASP.NET / Perl / Python / Ruby / JSP / etc.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. Contributing User

Are you familiar with forms at all? I have a site over on 1&1 and I'm pretty sure the builder has a built in forms function which will ask for some data from you such as the input name etc and it produces a form for you.

Give it a shot. AS for a server-side language l'd go for PHP. Just youtube php 'file uploads' and you'll find videos which will guide you through it just to get the basic concept. You can then work with them on your host depending on your subscription plan.

It's quite a simple concept but if you've never done PHP before I know how much you can struggle.

I'll write you up a form though if you want just let me know the fields you want etc.

I find the builder on there to be a pain and ditched using it so I'm not sure how you would incorporate my code into yours.

Regards,

NM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

HTML can only create the design of the form. File Upload function can only be made using a scripting language such as PHP, ASP.net, etc. i have made this function and i realised it can be easily made in ASP.net

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo