Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My top choice for experienced users goes to Netbeans. It started life as a Java Editor but with recent releases has developed into a powerful text editor for web scripting. It is Vista and Windows 7 compatible.

At first glance, Netbeans is a little intimidating. Most of the menu items can be ignored by ordinary mortals. Using it as an HTML/PHP editor is akin to using a steam hammer to crack a peanut. Nevertheless the code completion, code colouring and the professional look and feel make it an excellent choice.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by nelsanellis
    My top choice for experienced users goes to Netbeans. It started life as a Java Editor but with recent releases has developed into a powerful text editor for web scripting. It is Vista and Windows 7 compatible.

At first glance, Netbeans is a little intimidating. Most of the menu items can be ignored by ordinary mortals. Using it as an HTML/PHP editor is akin to using a steam hammer to crack a peanut. Nevertheless the code completion, code colouring and the professional look and feel make it an excellent choice.
    You just convinced me to try it out
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by John Melin
    What do you think is the best HTML editor if I want to code as little as possible?
    Macromedia Dreamweaver is the best HTML editor, it is very easy to use.
  7. No Profile Picture

If you want to code as "Little as possible" then I would say use a web hosts site builder. At my web hosting site we have a site builder and it does everything for you. Then I would say go in and start learning from what you see there. I started out using a WYSIWYG program many years back and it created a very sloppy code, so I learned slowly how to code myself. Now I can do HTML and PHP and am much happier for the experience and can write cleaner code than a program would. I use EditPlus 3 and its excellent.
  9. No Profile Picture

What do you think is the best HTML editor if I want to code as little as possible?
    Macromedia Dreamweaver but if you need quick editing you can use Notebad++
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I prefer Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.5.3.html ), its a very good Text-Editor with many other languages (C++, JAVA, MATLAB, Python), CSS, XML), It does good syntax highlighting and you can also check if your tag is closed or not. But it depends on you, what type of editor you want, there are many HTML editors out there (http://www.htmlkit.com/download/) , many online ones too, (http://www.onlinehtmleditor.net/ ). Google about HTML-Editor and choose what you like the best.
  13. No Profile Picture

My preferred editor is Vim, but it's not a good fit for someone who wants to "code as little as possible."

So, instead, I'll echo the suggestions made for Notepad++.
  15. No Profile Picture

Notepadd++ strongly recommended
  17. No Profile Picture

The best HTML editor is Adobe Dreamweaver.
  19. No Profile Picture

I use Dreamweaver and Notepad++
  21. Contributing User

I have used all of theses at some point: Dreamweaver, Notepad ++, Textmate (OSX only), and sublime text 2. I definitely prefer sublime text 2. I tried to learn VI at one point but decided that the learning curve was to steep for my needs (front end web development).
  23. No Profile Picture

As has been noted you are looking for a GUI-type WYSIWYG html editor. The Microsoft Expression Web editor was created to replace FrontPage and to compete with Dreamweaver. It has been dropped from development and is now free for downloading. There are many resources/tutorials for how to use it. It supports both Php/MySql and .Net. There are multiple support websites as well as a linkedin group on Expression web.

Another free GUI editor is known as Microsoft Web Express. This program is focused on .net development but can be used for pure html/css development. I don't know how easily it can work with php/mysql.

Microsoft has created a number of free new tools to try to make Web development easier for beginners. I have no experience with them.

Other free GUI WYSIWYG editors include: komposer

Back in the "good old days" when I was using FrontPage I still had to learn about how html tables were coded because FP originally used tables to provide some format control. Even now, knowing html/css will allow you to fix/create code when your GUI editor is not doing what you want it do. There are many free resources for learning both html4/html5. Some people here like: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML others dont like: W3Schools Online Web Tutorials For html reference purposes google is your friend.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Notepad++ and dreamweaver are two best and popular HTML editors
    Gabrielle - Host Department LLC
    Unlimited Web Hosting (20%) - april20 | Reseller Hosting - Both Linux and windows
    Follow us on TWITTER...
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo