Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Best HTML5 development platform?

My first post here so I apologise if I've put it in the wrong section. I'm currently planning a web app which I want to create with HTML5. I know there's lots of HTML5 development tools/frameworks out there but I was wondering if anyone has views on which would best for me to use considering the following criteria.

1) I have limited HTML/CSS/Javascript experience (I'm a AS3 programmer by trade) so the simpler the tool to use the better, however I will want to be able to get into depth, something which is literally drag and drop will probably not offer enough for what I want.

2) A framework/tool set that has backend/cloud integration would be great, I'm thinking something like Parse.com but for HTML5.

3) Needs to be free or as close as (I already have the creative cloud CS6 though if that's an option).

Thanks for any advice!
  3. /*
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I am am also a flash developer who is migrating to HTML5. HTML5 authoring tools frameworks etc are still developing but I have had some good results using the Create JS Framework . Especially useful for flash developers migrating to HTML5
    */
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have used Aloha HTML editor and it was ok .
  7. No Profile Picture

HTML5 Editor

I'm not able to find user friendly HTML5 editor yet. Have tried Aloha, which was not too useful. But its better than nothing.

Originally Posted by casand
    I have used Aloha HTML editor and it was ok .
  9. The Queen of Typos
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

A lot of this is going to come down to personal preference, like Ford vs Chevy.

Dreamweaver CS5+ has some great tools for HTML5 development and I am currently using Dreamweaver CS6.

That said, there's no reason why you can't use a simple text editor like notepad or TextPad.

The main thing is to ensure you learn the core of the language, the nuances that make great code. The platform is just a tool to help you get there.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

now, I'm using dreamweaver. I find it works well and easy, effective
  13. No Profile Picture

In my opinion you should not opt for a HTML5 framework and so don't use dreamweaver...
    Why don't you go for Use Notepad on Windows....or any text editor.That will be the right choice.
  15. No Profile Picture

Dream viewer 8 is the best option
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I wouldn't even consider Dreamweaver as a "framework" it is basically just an IDE - like Eclipse is for Java.

You need to learn and teach yourself the actual language, it's foundation and so on - that is how you become a good and successful programmer, not by using a good "framework" that does all the work for you or even using an IDE to do it for you.

In regards to HTML5 - HTML is easy to code, super easy and if you are a Flash developer you should be able to easily convert and learn HTML and the other web languages. With that said, learn HTML(4) and learn the whole basics of HTML.

In regards to IDE, Dreamweaver does a great job and is very helpful, though like any programming language, it all can be written in a simple text editor like Notepad.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I prefer using adobe dream weaver for my personal needs.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I m using Dreamweaver and seems like a pretty handy tool and easy to use.
    Last edited by micheal.burns1; September 24th, 2012 at 04:57 AM.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Notepad .... Any text editor will do, with syntax highlighting best. HTML is not a programming language, it has no framework or platforms ... Just Markup Language to mark content. CSS is the same, just a text file with the rules of the some light.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by terrypasencio
    In my opinion you should not opt for a HTML5 framework and so don't use dreamweaver...
    Why don't you go for Use Notepad on Windows....or any text editor.That will be the right choice.
    Notepad ++ is good choice for people who know html great, better from Notepad because Notepad ++ haiglight code.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm surprised to see that Sublime Text 2 has not been mentioned yet. It is by far the best editor I've worked in--it has the power of a full-fledged IDE with the light-weight feel of notepad. (And I worked in only notepad for years).

It also seems to be the industry standard out there for big-name web design firms. Web Designer (one of the biggest web design magazines in the world) just had an article where they posed the question: "Is it the best web site editor ever made?"

Definitely recommend it. It's awesome.
  29. No Profile Picture

As HTML5 apps are web-based, they can be accessed via a mobile device, laptop or desktop. This ensures that clients are offered the same interface across all devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo