1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hyperlink Problem - Need Help

Ive a simple problem which I just cant figure out so looking for some help here. Im making a website as part of Coursework for Uni. Im not sure if ill explain this too good but im sure someone will be able to help me . I have created a folder called MyWebsite and within the folder I have a couple of pages for example index, gallery, contact us and so on. Within the MyWebsite folder I have another folder called Practicals with a number of web pages within it. Heres the problem when viewing a page from the practicals folder I cant create a hyperlink which will take me to a page within the MyWebsite folder. So I was wondering how do I link back like this? I know I could just take the pages from the Practicals folder and move them into the MyWebsite folder and it will work but I didnt want to do this so is there any way?
    Thanks
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

folder navigation in URLs works just like folder navigation on your computer. The folder that contains the current directory is referenced by "..". For example:

Code:
    ../index.html
    And of course there's always the possibility to use absolute paths.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Hi,

folder navigation in URLs works just like folder navigation on your computer. The folder that contains the current directory is referenced by "..". For example:

Code:
    ../index.html
    And of course there's always the possibility to use absolute paths.
    Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo