1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Incredibly basic question: putting finished html on my website

Hi. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.

I enjoy making flash games for my friends and family. When it comes time to share them I've been emailing swfs but figured I could do something a little bit easier for my limited audience.

With that in mind I learned just enough html to put together a very simple webpage with the games on it. I've gotten it working fine on my own computer.

Next I registered with one of the many web hosting services (Arvixe, if that makes a difference) and got myself a domain name and hosting service plan.

The basic question I'm struggling with is that I can't seem to figure out how to actually put my htm file on the website! I've uploaded it and its stored with the host, I just don't know how to tell it "Hey, this is the file you should load when someone goes to this site."

I'm sure the answer is embarrassingly simple, but I've been googleing for hours. Any help would be very much appreciated.
  3. Contributing User

Originally Posted by squirrelnest
    Hi. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.

I enjoy making flash games for my friends and family. When it comes time to share them I've been emailing swfs but figured I could do something a little bit easier for my limited audience.

With that in mind I learned just enough html to put together a very simple webpage with the games on it. I've gotten it working fine on my own computer.

Next I registered with one of the many web hosting services (Arvixe, if that makes a difference) and got myself a domain name and hosting service plan.

The basic question I'm struggling with is that I can't seem to figure out how to actually put my htm file on the website! I've uploaded it and its stored with the host, I just don't know how to tell it "Hey, this is the file you should load when someone goes to this site."

I'm sure the answer is embarrassingly simple, but I've been googleing for hours. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    It's been a while since I worked with Flash, but you can export the .swf file into a HTML wrapper. That way you can use the wrapper or get a good idea on how to do it.
    PDO Registration and Login tutorial @ http://www.jrpepp.com/displayPage.php?page=193
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Usually servers want the file to be index.html. They will load index.html by default.
    http://kawaii-nation.com (^._.^)ノ

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo