1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Open flash in new tab

Hi everyone,

I have a flash banner which automatically leads to a certain webpage once you click on it (opening the swf-file directly as well as opening with the browser).
    I'd like to put it on my website, but i want the banner to open a new tab - not in the same window. I don't know a lot about flash. Is it still possible?

I've tried the <a href="bla" target="_blank"> but it opens the new site in the same window AND in a new tab.

Thank you in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi, Flash has no control over that, it's up to how the user has configured their browser. You could have a look and see if there's any JavaScript you could use to do this and then get Flash to call that.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your reply.
    But I can open the swf-file outside the browser (it opens diectly in Adobe Flash) and it still links to that certain page (on click it opens the browser which opens that specific page). Isn't that somehow an attribute that is set once you make a flash movie/banner etc??

I thought of something like

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="sample_banner.swf" width="120" height="600" id="xy">
    <param name="movie" value="sample_banner.swf" />
    <param name="loop" value="false" />
    <param name="link" value="false" /> <!-- this is something I made up -->
    </object>

In the example above it is possible to disable the loop that is actually enabled in the swf-file. I was hoping that there is also something similar for a link...
  7. No Profile Picture

Did you wrap the entire object in an <a href> tag? If you did then it means you're really not looking at a Flash issue, it's a general HTML one.

There is no Flash HTML property like you described. You can see a list of supported params here.
  9. No Profile Picture

No, at the moment I haven't wrapped it in an a(nchor) tag. I actually tried it both ways but it still didn't lead to a solution. I'll also try my luck in a html-forum. Thank you anyways
  11. No Profile Picture

I'll redirect this thread to the HTML forum here at DS as well as leave a link to it in the Flash forum so that way you get both sets of users.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo