1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Populating forms with href links

Hi there, new here!

Quick question I hope someone'll be able to give me a wee helping hand with. To lay the problem out as clearly as i can:

I use a php content management system which allows users to, say, enter the title of a page as well as input html code in an admin console. In another page I have a form with some textboxes.

What I want to be able to do is click a text link on one page which fills in a value of my choice in the textbox on the other page. The limiting factor is that this can only be done in HTML, as this is only what the content management system allows. My question is a) is this possible ? and b) any idea what the code might look like?

I've found a couple examples using javascript on the web, but these haven't proved that fruitful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

In fact, what I should probably add. The Content management system generates pages within a page called display.php which i can edit to my hearts content. SO possibly dosnt have to be all in HTML? Maybe I can write whatever I want in the href link and then place some javascript in the display.php page?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo