1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question replace external reference to macromedia in Flash object?

Hi all,

I have a Flash text object (inserted through Dreamweaver) that contains codebase and pluginspage references to the macromedia site. My site will be running on a LAN (with no access to the WWW) so I want to replace the references with local ones. But I'm not sure what I need to do and what they mean???

Any ideas? an example of the object code is below.

many thanks,
    Susie

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,2,0" width="48" height="17">
    <param name="BASE" value=".">
    <param name=movie value="Templates/text14.swf">
    <param name=quality value=high>
    <param name="BGCOLOR" value="#000000">
    <param name="SCALE" value="exactfit">
    <embed src="Templates/text14.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" scale="exactfit" width="48" height="17" bgcolor="#000000" base=".">
    </embed>
    </object>
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Doesn't seem to be essential to have that reference (I just tried it on my local machine and the Flash movie loads fine). I assume it's a reference for the browser to go to if the Flash plugin isn't installed on the user's system? If you're working with intranet users and can be fairly certain they've got the plugin (very likely on any fairly recent browsers) then removing the reference should be perfectly harmless. Worst thing that can happen, if they haven't got the plugin, is that the Flash movie simply won't appear. And you can always stick in some browser plugin detect script to have a jpeg appear if Flash isn't installed... should be tons of references to that sort of thing on the web anyway.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, thanks for your help.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo