1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Shopping cart website development......

Hi guys

I want to develop a shopping cart website ,i know html and java .....

I wanted to know some things...

1.Is it better to use CMS or how do I start?

2.How generally is workflow for development of shopping cart website?

3.will java be a great idea?or php or any alternative will be better?whats ideal for a shopping cart?

4.wandering around I found many and many java frameworks somewhat 20+ and got totally tossed..... didnt knew how about to go.......

I am a newbie and please bear with me......
  3. No Profile Picture

Better Idea for e-commerce websites

Hi, I recommend you check these opensource shoping cart solutions, so you don-t have a lot of coding to do and they're free.You only have to find a web hosting company to host your work and you're good to go.
    to access the link get rid of the brackets
    webtecker[.]com[/]2008[/]04[/]22[/]8-best-open-source-shopping-cart-solutions[/]
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello swapy,

Here is what I know or have an opinion about based on my experience as a programmer and working with many web hosting clients that use shopping carts:

1.Is it better to use CMS or how do I start?
    There are many different open source and even premium programs out there to get you started with an e-commerce solution.

The advantages of existing software is the time you save from development and testing as well as the typical support from the software community, both users and developers.

Creating your own may be more secure as it will be custom, plus you can tailor the software to do exactly what you want.

2.How generally is workflow for development of shopping cart website?
    While the workflow is the same as any other programming, shopping carts have an enormous amount of detail involved, making them have long development times.

3.will java be a great idea?or php or any alternative will be better?whats ideal for a shopping cart?
    Java could be used, but I do now know of any that are coded in it off the top of my head. Most are done in php. I would assume it is either easier to develop in php or php gives a performance edge other languages, or perhaps it works the best with the various web servers. I have seen a few written in perl as well, however.

4.wandering around I found many and many java frameworks somewhat 20+ and got totally tossed..... didnt knew how about to go.......
    I got nothing for you on this one, sorry.

Overall, I would go with existing software for now. You can always develop your own software in your own time.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo